Can we just talk about these horrific gas pains, please?!

babymaybee

Reaction score
Okay, I am slightly horrified at the level of discomfort I'm having from trapped gas pains at a very early 7 weeks pregnant. Anyone else have this?! I'm talking woke up in agony convinced something was wrong only
To have it subside about an hour later with a few good
Toots. Is this normal?! I was seconds from heading to the hospital and to be honest my belly kind of Feels like I got kicked in it its so sore
From the whole Ordeal... I mean I literally thought I was having a miscarriage but it subsided and I didn't bleed...... Am I a freak of nature or do any of
You ladies have this happening too? A little history on me.. I have had colitis issues in my lifetime as well as a a laproscopy that discovered
Adhesions a few years back.. I'm wondering if the adhesions are making things worse with everything stretching and causing the severe pains with gas or if this is normal trapped gas pain from pregnancy .. Either way I was terrified. I have a scan tomorrow morning but thought I'd turn to my trusty boards in the mean time .

Same here. Aside from terrible nausea my gas is my second biggest complaint. I woke up a few days ago with severe cramps radiating into my lower back kind of like menstrual. I was convinced I would bleed. Nothing. It passed after I pooped which I hadn't done in 2 days!!! I'm constantly tooting it's disgusting. Food just jams and won't go down the gas is killinggggg me.

It's so crazy! I haven't had morning sickness really just a queasy feeling here and there but the gas is terrible ... I literally am sore from how bad I cramped up from it this morning. Never in a million years did I think about trapped gas as a pregnancy issue/symptom/nightmare lol.. scariest moment ever. I totally thought I was losing the baby and then it went away... I think I'm in for a long few months .... Looks like you are about a week or two ahead of me ... I wonder if there's a timeline for this? Like "common weeks _-_?"

they're the worst.

I had a miscarriage back in July... I did NOT have this then, in case that's a comfort to anyone.

This time, it's my only real symptom (i'm only 5 weeks today though). I get it at night after I eat and then lay down. it's bad. REALLY bad sometimes. Keeps me awake. And it half terrifies me, because it makes me worry something is wrong. But i also half like it, because it's a sign of pregnancy. (I realized this after the first night where I was somewhat hysterical, thought I was miscarrying again and spent hours on these boards looking up gas pains in early pregnancy)

In case it helps anyone else to know WHY: Basically, even as early as me, but probably even more so for you, our uterus is stretching and things are shifting around in our lower, and even middle abdomen. Because everything in there is sort of interwoven, that's pushing around other non-pregnancy related organs (bladder, intestines, etc). So the gas finds new and strange places to get "caught".

Unfortunately, I can't help you on the normal timeline though. I can't think about the future or else I break my brain. ::hehe::

I've had this with all my pregnancies. I find it so funny how everyone complains about ms and aversions etc but no one ever talks about the stupid amount of gas that comes with pregnancy lol. Everyone experiences it though, ask around and they'll tell you. It's just an embarrassing topic I guess. It doesn't really go away either it just gets slightly better but always an issue. The hormone progesterone is the one responsible for slowing down digestion to a snails pace so that all vital nutrients are given to baby. Yeah, it's super annoying and uncomfortable. I feel you!!

Unfortunately for me what I thought was trapped gas pains was actually an ectopic pregnancy. I had emergency surgery Tuesday. My heads still spinning from it all. Not to be a Debbie downer but i had no idea tubal
Pain could feel similar to gas pain so for all the first timers out there I'm sure it is just gas but it's worth being safe! I was seconds away from a ruptured tube and ovary from where the baby implanted and grew (like really grew healthy heartbeat and all just in the wrong place) and I had no idea.. Just what I thought was gas pain ! My hormones levels were perfect , no bleeding no other pains .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->