Can you get false positives on OPK with FMU?

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
Until I can start testing with my CBEFM, I've been testing with OPKs with FMU and the again later in the day. (My cycles are very wonky, about 15 days long, and this month I'm taking Soy Isoflaves so I have no idea IF or WHEN I will ovulate!) CBEFM will let me start testing tomorrow, CD 6, but this morning I took an OPK and got what I would have considered a positive, or at the very least, and alllllmost positive. Any thoughts? I'll post pic... But I'm only on CD 5!https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/kmr1763/IMG_0622.jpg

Oh wow that is A positive!!! Did u have a normal af? Cud u be preg? Perhaps take a hpt?

Af was very normal, don't think I'm preggo because my opks are not positive all of the time... I will take one this afternoon and see. I'm thinking that lh just builds up in my system overnight so it makes my opks look positive in the am even though I don't really have a surge...

I don't know but that deffo looks positive to me !
All I know if that it says not to use FMU in the information leaflet but I thought it was because LH builds up over the day. Am not sure. I'd get to BD-ing just incase !

Yep, definitely thinking I just have a lot of LH in my system in the morning... Took another one this afternoon with semi-diluted pee (I think I held it for a good two hours before testing) and got a total negtive. Very irritating! But trying to observe other fertility signs this cycle, so negative would go right on along with the fact that I only stopped spotting from AF today! LOL

This exact same thing happened to me. I would get super positives with FMU and then a very obvious negative later in the afternoon. After that I just tested in the later afternoons and just yesterday got a positive.

This exact same thing happened to me. I would get super positives with FMU and then a very obvious negative later in the afternoon. After that I just tested in the later afternoons and just yesterday got a positive.

Thanks! You've made me feel a lot better! I was starting to think my body was even more out of whack then I thought! Starting tomorrow I'll be using my cbefm with fmu so I think that will reduce my urge to poas in the am... Until the tww that is! Ha!

I'm the same as GirlygirlRace, at least this cycle. Almost every morning my opks look like yours, but by the middle/end of the day they even out. I test 3 times a day out of insanity :blush: so I can tell you that for the past 5 mornings my opks looked very close to yours but it wasn't until 4pm cd 15 that i got my true positive. keep testing and posting!

I'm the same as GirlygirlRace, at least this cycle. Almost every morning my opks look like yours, but by the middle/end of the day they even out. I test 3 times a day out of insanity :blush: so I can tell you that for the past 5 mornings my opks looked very close to yours but it wasn't until 4pm cd 15 that i got my true positive. keep testing and posting!

I will be! Lol and I think all of us share in your insanity! I'm here excited to go to bed to take my temp in the morning and use my new cbefm! Eeeeeh excited! Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->