Can you have regular cycles but NOT ovulate?

nursemom3

Reaction score
Ok, so just a little backstory since I am new here.....

We are TTC#4 and have been "not trying but not avoiding" for about 3 months now but so far nothing has happened which kind of surprises me since we got pregnant with #2 and #3 on the first month "not avoiding".

I have very regular cycles, pretty much like clockwork. And I always thought that if your cycles are very regular that means you are ovulating regularly also. But last cycle I took about 16 days of OPKs and never got a positive one. Even tho I didn't get a positive OPK, I still got my period on time. So..I don't get that. Did I not ovulate? Or did I ovulate super late and have a really short LP? Like, what is going on here.

Any thoughts?

Hi!

I don't think opk are completely reliable or work for everyone, is this the first time you have used them?

I had the same question but my doctor said I'm definitely ovulating. I'm very regular as well but we've been trying for almost 2 years with no luck. I started using the OPK's this month and realized that I don't ovulate as early in my cycle as I though so that might be one reason we haven't gotten there yet. What kind of OPK did you use? I used the Clear Blue Easy Digital and really liked it. I also found that I had better luck testing in the afternoon even though the test said to do it first thing in the morning.
Good luck.

Thanks for the replies!

I used OPKs once before...the first month we were "not avoiding" before #2, just to see when I was ovulating and got a clear positive and also got pregnant that month. So, I know what the progression to a positive looks like.

Last cycle I used the Answer brand OPKs and also the First Response brand ones too. Like I said, never saw a positive thru 16 days worth of testing. Even if I ovulated early or late, I would have seen a positive at some point during those 16 days, I would think.

I may try a different brand or just go back to charting my cycles. It will be hard to get used to temping again, but I would like to chart it out to get a clearer picture of what my cycles are doing and I know temping is the best way.

I may have just had an anovulatory cycle last month. I don't know. We will see what happens this cycle. I am on CD6 right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->