Can you prevent stretch marks while pregnant?

karlissabrown

Reaction score
Do any of you know a good way to prevent stretch marks when pregnant or what did you use?

There's really no proven way, if you're gonna get them you'll get them no matter what you use or do x if your mum got them there's a good chance you will to!

Nope can't prevent them! Like PP said its mainly down to your genes and skin elasticity.
You can help by keeping your body well hydrated, lots of water and plenty of cocoa butter/vitamin oil/cream etc, and not gaining too much weight. Some people swear by cocoa butter or rise water or other types of treatment. But at the end of the day if you're gonna get them you're gonna get them I'm afraid! Xx

I don't believe anything can make you not get stretch marks... I already have stretch marks on my legs and bbs that occurred when I first grew. I feel I will eventually get them on my belly as well.

I did buy a pregnancy stretch mark cream, but only because my belly's been itchy and I've been a bit paranoid of putting other stuff on it that aren't meant for pregnancy, even though it's probably okay. Some people told me that if I've been itchy and keep scratching I would get stretch marks... dunno how true that is though.

Don't worry about them too much! It's just one of those things that you either get or don't get. You can try doing the things that people do to prevent them, like drinking water and those creams and not scratching but it never means that it will prevent them 100%. I hope you don't get stretch marks though if they bother you! :hugs:

I actually didn't get any stretch marks until after I had given birth! Mine were from weight loss which was really annoying as I thought I'd escaped them! My mum never had one stretch mark so I thought id be the same but I looked like a tiger a week after havin DD lol so it's not the case for everyone with the gene thing xx

Nope, they're a genetic thing really but you can still use oils etc to keep your skin hydrated :)

Like others have said it is mostly genetics I never got any from pregnancy but a few years later I ballooned in weight (3stone) and that gave me stretch marks on my hips ... really annoyed at myself!! But yeah deffo genetics

I had three pregnancies before this one and neer had a single stretch mark. With this one I already have three fine silver ones. I think my age has something to do with it and the fact that my skin is not a young and subtle as it once was.

I used bio oil every day in my last pregnancy avoided them completely until around week 37 when my bump got really big and tight and dropped I ended up with a few stretch marks under my belly button from my bump dropping :(

I'm also using Bio-Oil, I seem to have grown very quickly in this pregnancy, so expect a few stretch marks.

I only had one on each side of my hips/bum in my last pregnancy, so I think I used up all my good luck that time!

Stretch marks are inevitable depending on your genetic make up, for myself-unfortunately, I know they'll be on their way (boo), as I have had them before with weight gain in the past. That still doesn't stop me from moisturizing, however. I use bio oil or Palmer's cocoa butter oil repair therapy stuff, a Q10 firming lotion on my thighs, arms and hips (I've used this for years, though), and cocoa butter lotion. Never hurts to keep your skin hydrated and healthy though, not only through pregnancy, but as a lifetime regime!! Haha, we only get one skin, may as well keep it nice, right?!

I believe you can reduce the appearance of stretch marks but it's essentially down to your genetics whether or not you'll get stretch marks and how bad they'll be. I got a few but I've got friends whose tummys look perfectly stretch mark free. I wouldn't worry about it too much - just one of those things!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->