Can you qualify for disability for carrying multiples?

D

darkNlovely

I am just wondering? I know the laws and procedures are different in every country but I was wondering if any of you heard of this taking place?

ur pregnant not disabled so no ive never heard of this

If you are in the US, some States do consider pregnancy a temporary disability. I know NY State considers pregnancy to be an ADA qualifying disability. I considered getting a temporary parking sticker since it is so hard for me to walk distances in my late pregnancy, but I just don't drive any more so it's a moot point!

If you are in the US, some States do consider pregnancy a temporary disability. I know NY State considers pregnancy to be an ADA qualifying disability. I considered getting a temporary parking sticker since it is so hard for me to walk distances in my late pregnancy, but I just don't drive any more so it's a moot point!

wow u learn something new everyday.
to me its mad that u can be classed as disabled because ur pregnant, when in the uk u can have terrible spd and get nothing to help

interesting--seen a pregnant lady with a sticker thats why I ask-I don't know if she was having multiples though.

In the US, you can be put on medical leave if you are having complications, especially if they put you on bed rest. Medical leave qualifies for short term disability.

Never heard of it over here in UK. I think we would be laughed at.

Not here, and why should it? my mums disabled so i guess im super senstive to it.

But at the end of the day its just 9 months (or less), I already am in agony with SPD, but wouldnt consider myself disabled. its not permenant.

But I guess its where you live.

I think maybe the terminology is funny here. As an employee, I pay into short term disability. If I get injured for any reason and get put on medical leave, I can draw from it to supplement my income. It doesn't mean that I am disabled but it could.

You also get a lot more maternity leave and benefits in the uk....I know as I am an expat.

In the states, my company is so small they don't have to give me any leave for maternity, without qualifying for short term disability I wouldn't be getting any tie off....I'm now entitled to 12 weeks unpaid leave I believe.

I'm thank ful for the short term disability...

I like this post! I reakon you should look into it! Yes we are pregnant, not disabled but some women like myself suffer from SPD! I have physio, just like a person with disablilities, I can't actually walk properly! I would consider my self pregnant with temporary disability!

You also get a lot more maternity leave and benefits in the uk....I know as I am an expat.

In the states, my company is so small they don't have to give me any leave for maternity, without qualifying for short term disability I wouldn't be getting any tie off....I'm now entitled to 12 weeks unpaid leave I believe.

Blimey, unpaid... What do they expect you to do? just come back without even spending any time with your baby, not everyone can afford the unpaid leave.. :shrug:

I dont think it should be classed as a disability, your having a child, a child which you chose to have.. People with disabilites dont choose to have those disabilities, and I am sorry but pregnancy is 42 weeks max, SPD wont last much longer than that, disabilites last a lifetime in most cases.. :shrug: I think its terrible to even think about them being combined or even the same thing in any way..

Short term or not, like I said you chose to have a child.

Blimey, unpaid... What do they expect you to do? just come back without even spending any time with your baby, not everyone can afford the unpaid leave.. :shrug:

I dont think it should be classed as a disability, your having a child, a child which you chose to have.. People with disabilites dont choose to have those disabilities, and I am sorry but pregnancy is 42 weeks max, SPD wont last much longer than that, disabilites last a lifetime in most cases.. :shrug: I think its terrible to even think about them being combined or even the same thing in any way..

i agree, it seems crazy to me that being pregnant can be classed as a disability.

my mums bf is classed as disabled because he chose to stuff his face get too fat and cause his diabetes to get worse in which caused him to have a stroke and he wont exercise so his leg as given way cuz hes too fat so now hes classed as disabled! it drives me nuts.

and yes its awful that some companies in the us dont give paid maternity leave and sometimes when they do its a matter of weeks :(

i agree, it seems crazy to me that being pregnant can be classed as a disability.

my mums bf is classed as disabled because he chose to stuff his face get too fat and cause his diabetes to get worse in which caused him to have a stroke and he wont exercise so his leg as given way cuz hes too fat so now hes classed as disabled! it drives me nuts.

and yes its awful that some companies in the us dont give paid maternity leave and sometimes when they do its a matter of weeks :(

So many things I could moan about but I wont :haha: Its annoying when people dont listen to advice and then think they are owed something when it goes tits up.

hes actualy got off his ass to fight for disability like hes owed it. i was hoping hed of dropped dead. along with the stroke he had 2 heart attacks!

so rather then that money to go that waste of space id perfer it to go to a pregnant woman anyday!

i could rant about it all night myself lol

hes actualy got off his ass to fight for disability like hes owed it. i was hoping hed of dropped dead. along with the stroke he had 2 heart attacks!

so rather then that money to go that waste of space id perfer it to go to a pregnant woman anyday!

I'd rather it go to a charity myself. Pregnant women dont really need it just like him. Lol.
He can fight for it but fighting the flab werent in any way worth it? I am 13st and realise I need to lose some weight..

Yes, many women choose to get pregnant. Still, I agree with short term disability. It's a benefit I pay for every year whether I need it or not. It's like insurance. I had a c-section with my first. It's major surgery, why shouldn't it qualify? If I am put on bed rest and unable to work, why shouldn't it qualify?

I'd rather it go to a charity myself. Pregnant women dont really need it just like him. Lol.
He can fight for it but fighting the flab werent in any way worth it? I am 13st and realise I need to lose some weight..

id rather burn the money then him getting it tho hahaha
hes disgusting, so the government have made it easier for him to be lazy by giving him a stair lift :dohh:
im going to stop im taking over the thread sorry lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->