Can you qualify for disability for carrying multiples?

Well, here it is a temporary "disability" as far as insurance goes-it is NOT, for true government disability. That is the difference. Since the UK does not have STD insurance, it wouldn't make sense to you. You don't have to argue about the wording when a disability here could mean 2 different things and there what a disability is there is a permanent disability. I am just trying to make clear what STD is here.

Finally Alexapoo!! Someone speaking sense!

I'm in the uk and luckily through my job as a teacher I have a good maternity policy, I've also had to have time off due to complications that weren't counted in any sickness procedure as they came under pregnancy! So I can see why that was mentioned! I'm not saying everyone gets that but I can see where the poster was coming from!!

In the uk we are lucky that we don't need to pay into insurances to make sure we are covered (yet!!!). But I think it's harsh for people on here to attack others for claiming what they have paid into when needed!! if you crashed would you claim on your car insurance? It is unfortunate what it is called and the use of the word disabled, but if they have paid the insurance and that is what they need to claim to get their time off after the birth then who are we to attack?!

Finally Alexapoo!! Someone speaking sense!

I'm in the uk and luckily through my job as a teacher I have a good maternity policy, I've also had to have time off due to complications that weren't counted in any sickness procedure as they came under pregnancy! So I can see why that was mentioned! I'm not saying everyone gets that but I can see where the poster was coming from!!

In the uk we are lucky that we don't need to pay into insurances to make sure we are covered (yet!!!). But I think it's harsh for people on here to attack others for claiming what they have paid into when needed!! if you crashed would you claim on your car insurance? It is unfortunate what it is called and the use of the word disabled, but if they have paid the insurance and that is what they need to claim to get their time off after the birth then who are we to attack?!

Nobody was attacking her... :dohh: we are saying that it shouldnt be used as the term disability and in UK we would be laughed at for even suggesting it.. I have ALWAYS stated we dont pay and get enough for free.. MY points never ever were about America. I have no idea what its like there but I am speaking from living in UK where we dont claim things like that for pregnancy..

I still stand by what I say, pregnancy, no matter what condition you suffer when pregnant is NOT a disability whether it be 6 weeks or 40 weeks.. You could call it most things but not a disability.

only point ive made is that i dont like how its named.

but i did ask if it was something they paid into especialy to get this benifit when needed or whether it was paid for along with normal taxes but that wasnt answered.

i dont live in the US so io was asking a simple question, because if this was in the UK it would be laughed at with this name.
and the OP didnt state in the first post where she was from so we answered with our opinion

This was the original post :

I am just wondering? I know the laws and procedures are different in every country but I was wondering if any of you heard of this taking place?

so when we replied we didnt know where she was and when we were told we then explained what its like in UK... Maybe people should read the whole thread and not pick at things.

It is something that is paid into privately and has nothing to do with government. Pregnancy is not considered a disability here, that is until you get a complication and cannot work then it is temporary and only would you get any money if you had your own short term disability insurance because the government would never give us any money for being pregnant and unable to work. Of course, like I said, any kind of pregnancy whether complicated or not would NEVER qualify as a true disability where you would be able to get disability benefits from the US government. As a silly example; mince meat and ground beef are the same thing, but worded differently in our countries. I could go on, but I think you get the point. Simple as that ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->