Can you see a line?

PurpleQuinn

Reaction score
Hi everyone-
I’ve been lurking here for the past month or so but this is my first time posting!

My wife and I have been trying to conceive for a while through donor insemination. No-one around us knows anything about it- we’re trying to manage the expectations of our loved ones as I’m almost 37 and we’re not sure it will work. However, this also means we don’t have anyone else to talk to.

Today, I am 13 dpo and had a feeling to test this afternoon- I took two tests (ran out of FRER so it had to be a clear blue and a cheapie). I just wondered if anyone can see a line on these tests or am I totally insane?!

Just looking for some realistic responses and maybe even a little reassurance.

Thank you

B1B24276-C3DD-4206-8D24-5A80B095899B.jpeg

I’d say positive! Congratulations. My first clear blue looked exactly like that!

Hate hate hattteeee the blue dye tests but since it's on both I think you have your self a positive! Fx it sticks and gets stronger the next few days <3

Thank you all. Think I’m going to test again in the morning with fmu and hope that lines a bit darker

Morning!
I wonder if anyone a bit more experienced than me might be able to answer a question...
So, I tested again this morning and the lines are still there but only marginally darker. Is that something to worry about or is it to do with hcg doubling every 48 hours and it just hasn’t increased yet? (The tests I did yesterday were at about 1.15 in the afternoon)
I am going to pop and get a frer today to do tomorrow morning.

I’m so sorry if I sound silly. It’s just been a long, long time of hoping and trying and I can’t seem to make myself believe the lines that are there. Doing my best not to stress- after all I have no control over the outcome but you know when you just want a nice, dark line so it squashes any doubts?!

Thank you!

Early on, it could be any number of things. It could be your first morning urine isn’t the best to use - a lot of women find their second morning urine better, or the afternoon/evening urine.
It could be that you drank more and it’s more diluted than yesterday’s. It could even be the dye in the tests - they’re not all the same, so they’re not hugely reliable in that sense.

I know it’s not easy but you have to try to keep in mind that they are a yes or no test, and small changes can cause lines to become fainter. They’re not made to use for testing progression, even though most of us do that. Perhaps a better test for that purpose would be the Clearblue digital with weeks indicator, as this works by the level of hormone and isn’t just detecting its presence (the hormone has to keep increasing for it to move up in weeks). However, they’re not reliable for everyone. Personally, I have found they work for me - with my healthy pregnancies they progressed how one would expect, for my miscarriages they didn’t, and in fact my most recent miscarriage they didn’t even get past 2-3. But there are some women who have said that theirs didn’t progress past a certain point and they did go on to have a healthy pregnancy, so it’s worth keeping that in mind, if you did use those.

The other thing you can do, if you’re anxious about it, is ask your doctor to perform some beta hcg bloods. This way you will be told the actual numbers instead of guessing.

You probably won’t find that lines will leap in progression each day but if you lined up tests from every two or three days you probably would then see it more. It hasn’t even been a whole day between them, it’s been a matter of hours, so I definitely wouldn’t expect anything hugely different from yesterday

Congratulations. They are positive and in a lot of cases the lines don’t darken much the day after the first positive.
I think the frer will show a decent line!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->