Can you start TTC even if preg tests are positive after MC?

tj1980

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just had a mc and am still bleeding very slightly in the morning. Last Monday (20th) my HCG levels were 700 and I did a preg test yesterday and it was still positive but the line was very feint. The hosp said to test in a couple weeks and call with the test results and they're really looking for a negative result.

But my OH and I want to start trying straight away so I'm wondering whether you can start TTC even if getting positive tests?

Also, last Monday my cervix was still closed and has been during my whole MC (over 3 weeks). The nurse advised I will not start ovulating until my cervix opens - Have any of you had experience with this?

Sorry for your loss, I don't know for definite but I didn't think your body would naturally O till you hcg was down near 0? Thought I read that on here somewhere but I could be wrong. Good luck. x

Sorry for your loss, I don't know for definite but I didn't think your body would naturally O till you hcg was down near 0? Thought I read that on here somewhere but I could be wrong. Good luck. x

Thanks for your reply. That's what I'm unsure of really as I dont know either.

Hi I wondered this also after my mc earlier this month my hcg was 18 at 6weeks mc prob started around 7 days previous. Nurse said I could either come in for another blood test or do preg test within a fortnight. I did learn from reading another thread on here that you don't ovulate again till hcg is below 5. Maybe you should ask to have another blood test as that may give you a clearer picture. Xxxx

As the other girls said you won't ovulate until it's down to nothing. If it's a natural mc then it's ok to start this month but I had a erpc and everything and one says wait a cycle or two to build up the lining of the womb again or you could mc again. I'm going to hate the wait, I'm eager already to get going :dohh:

As the other girls said you won't ovulate until it's down to nothing. If it's a natural mc then it's ok to start this month but I had a erpc and everything and one says wait a cycle or two to build up the lining of the womb again or you could mc again. I'm going to hate the wait, I'm eager already to get going :dohh:

Thanks ladies.

Pippin - nice to see you here. Maybe we can both end up in the first trimester forum together...one day!!!

Thanks hon, I feel like I want to leave mc section behind now as it just makes me think about it, I like giving others support in there but I have nothing to write now. I'm waiting until next cycle to give my lining time to build up a bit, not the three cycles most of them recommend but it's better than nothing. I'm sure we won't be lucky first time so it's practice :winkwink:. We WILL be in the pregnancy forums together, WE WILL!!! :haha: My new PMA do you like it?? :haha:

Yes-totally love the PMA. I feel exactly the same about the MC forum, it was great support for me, invaluable really but I need to move on too. I'm still slightly bleeding, more mucus really (TMI) but once that's finished I'm going to start TTC. As had natural mc I'm assuming I dont have to wait for lining to re-build. But good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->