Can you take clomid without metformin

Foxycleopatra

Mum to 3 Girls
Reaction score
Hey, We are currently TTC #3 and I have started back on metformin before starting clomid again after we see out OB/FS in 2 weeks. This is my third time on metformin and though I always get some side effects, this time around seems so much worse :(

Has any one taken clomid on its own with out metformin?

My one year old was conceived on Clomid + Metformin. I know metformin is meant to regulate my cycles but it hasnt in the past and I am wondering what if any real benefit I am getting from it.

I have PCOS with all over the place cycles but have no history of diabetes.

I believe most people on clomid are probably not taking metformin. I did 6 cycles of clomid without metformin (although I have just been put on metformin and have been allowed one more try with clomid).

The metformin is intended to improve insulin sensitivity, which can in turn improve your cycles. A lot of women with PCOS have insulin resistance, which is why they use it for that. Have you had a glucose tolerance test done? You don't have to have a history of diabetes to have insulin resistance, especially if you are overweight.

I have done several glucose Tolerance test and they have all come back normal.

If your glucose tests are normal then they probably shouldn't have you on metformin, it won't do you any good. But if insulin resistance isn't the reason you have irregular cycles, then clomid might be enough on it's own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->