Can your body start to miscarry when the baby still has a heartbeat?

Sophiejash

Reaction score
Hello, I started bleeding on Wednesday, it gradually got heavy through the day, Thursday morning the midwife sent me for a scan and although the scan showed the timing was out and the baby wasn't as developed as we thought (9 1/2 weeks) it was there and dated around 5.5 weeks with a heartbeat!! The bleeding got progressive worse as the day went on to the point it was gushing out and a clot or two with some cramps. It's now the following day and it's all eased off. Hospital won't scan me again until 2nd October. I have no idea what's happening and can't stand the two week wait I have now. Does anybody think there's any hope and that my bean is still there? Is it really possible for the body to start the miscarry of a baby when it still has a heartbeat?

Idk about the heartbeat but can't you go in earlier for a scan? Saying you feel strong pains maybe?
It seems like something that should be checked on...I hope your bean is there. Pregnancy symptoms would be a good indicator. Not 100% sure but I lost mine straight away after the miscarriage...

Well unfortunately I haven't had any symptoms this time around so I can't say if they've disappeared or not. I kicked up a fuss and they're scanning me this Thursday

Sophiejash so sorry you are going through this.

I would have to say yes your body can go through a miscarriage even with the baby having a heartbeat.

In my miscarriage I had a scan at 7w+1 and I saw the heartbeat to only miscarry about an hour or so later. I just felt wet and when I went to the bathroom my little baby was in the sac on my pad.. its an awful thing to have in your mind too.

I hope all is well with you and your little bean. I would definitely go back to your GYNO though and have them check you out. Prayers up!!!!!!

I'm not holding out much hope. I'm still bleeding! 😢 I have managed to get another scan for Thursday so I'll know for sure then, but I'm sure in myself that I already know the answer 😞 x

I don't have much advice but I really wanted to give you some :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->