Can't admit to anyone else...

My first guy was born at 32 weeks, but surprisingly breathed on his own when he born, he just had breathing problems a few weeks later due to an infection.

My second had breathing issues a few days before he came home and didnt pass the carseat test and turned blue...I expected him to do well since he was nearly full term but he had problems with his breathing despite being bigger than his brother. I guess all babies are different. Good luck with your little guy!

Ohhh the car seat test where you sit on pins and needles knowing that all that stops you from going home. I remember it well.

When are you due? Boy right?

Hope you manage to keep baby in a bit longer Mrs H. I'm the same, all mine are early - I seem to get to a certain size and then my body can't take any more and wants out!
All of mine have been early (the first being 27 weeks), and the second & third I had intense tightenings from 24/27 weeks, so I knew they'd be early too as my body was protesting so much!

Dannypop must've had her baby a while ago - wonder where she's gone :-(

Ohhh the car seat test where you sit on pins and needles knowing that all that stops you from going home. I remember it well.

Yes, they almost sent him home in one of those car bassinets where he could lay flat. Thankfully he passed the third time. I am due 10/4 but getting induced at 39 weeks due to gestational diabetes. Yupe, third boy here! I honestly dont even care that he's a boy anymore lol. Girls are cute, yes, but its probably just not meant to be...yet.

Yes, they almost sent him home in one of those car bassinets where he could lay flat. Thankfully he passed the third time. I am due 10/4 but getting induced at 39 weeks due to gestational diabetes. Yupe, third boy here! I honestly dont even care that he's a boy anymore lol. Girls are cute, yes, but its probably just not meant to be...yet.
doesnt gd just suck?

Omg I have gd too! It's annoying. If you eat all shit they tell you too we would all be like 600 lbs.

I am 33 weeks tomorrow. Hubby and I had sex Monday mor I g a simple it was our anniversary and well 3 hrs later I started having contractions. They stopped but we ran to the hospital to be sure it wasn't going to turn into full out labour. My doctor says I more sex period until he comes and he is expecting him around 37 weeks. I am really now happy about this but I know I have to behave. My 40th birthday is on the 29th and no sex for me (cry).
They gave me the steroid shot Monday and the second one yesterday to be safe just incase as my last was at 34 weeks and this guy is showing a few weeks ahead of my actual 33 weeks. I am worried though as he isn't moving much today at all. I used my droppler and found his heartbeat at 148 to 152 but does that shot make them sleep? Maybe he is just turned and hitting my placenta so I cannot feel it? I have tried cold drinks, sugary treats, cold up against him and nothing. 😕

Omg I have gd too! It's annoying. If you eat all shit they tell you too we would all be like 600 lbs.

I am 33 weeks tomorrow. Hubby and I had sex Monday mor I g a simple it was our anniversary and well 3 hrs later I started having contractions. They stopped but we ran to the hospital to be sure it wasn't going to turn into full out labour. My doctor says I more sex period until he comes and he is expecting him around 37 weeks. I am really now happy about this but I know I have to behave. My 40th birthday is on the 29th and no sex for me (cry).
They gave me the steroid shot Monday and the second one yesterday to be safe just incase as my last was at 34 weeks and this guy is showing a few weeks ahead of my actual 33 weeks. I am worried though as he isn't moving much today at all. I used my droppler and found his heartbeat at 148 to 152 but does that shot make them sleep? Maybe he is just turned and hitting my placenta so I cannot feel it? I have tried cold drinks, sugary treats, cold up against him and nothing. 😕
please go and get checked! its better to be safe than sorry, im sure all is fine but all reduced movements should be checked. A doppler just says if the heart is beating or not! doesnt show the health of the baby x

I think the needle just made him sleepy; he is moving normal today thankfully.

Glad he's moving for you again msH! I know how it is, my baby can have quiet days and it drives em insane. Yeah, GD sucks so bad. I cant wait until baby is here so I can have a treat once in awhile without worrying.

Oh he is making up today for being so quiet the other day lol.

I have treats with my gd, not lots but sometimes. I swear the dietitians are evil making us write down all we eat and stuff. Am I the only one who makes it up half the time? My sugar is fine with insulin so as long as I keep the number around 6 I am good. It's working for me but I do miss chocolate lol and sugar in my tea. I have only gained 10lbs wit this baby is its very frustrating having gd.

How is everyone feeling? How far along is everyone? My son should be here with 3 weeks or so but my due date is aug 31

Oh he is making up today for being so quiet the other day lol.

I have treats with my gd, not lots but sometimes. I swear the dietitians are evil making us write down all we eat and stuff. Am I the only one who makes it up half the time? My sugar is fine with insulin so as long as I keep the number around 6 I am good. It's working for me but I do miss chocolate lol and sugar in my tea. I have only gained 10lbs wit this baby is its very frustrating having gd.

How is everyone feeling? How far along is everyone? My son should be here with 3 weeks or so but my due date is aug 31
No i dont have treats, my sugars are not under control yet so wouldnt risk it, especially with the complications i had on last pregnancy thanks to gd where i nearly lost him Im terrified that that will happen again. Gosh 3 weeks left? I would give anything to have 3 weeks left.

not until november 4th so probably will be induced the end of october x

What ended up happening last time 3boys? I had gd the last 2 times as well, but aside from slight low blood sugars the first few hours, my babies were fine. They didnt even go to the nicu, I just kept feeding them colostrum and it resolved.

Yes, it is annoying when they have us right every single thing down. Thank God I dont see them often, just once a month. I write down my numbers but I dont write down what I eat, last time my a1c was 5.4. You must be in the uk so you probably use a different system because when you mentioned 6, that sounds like the a1c here. We have to keep our numbers under 120 after 2 hours or 140 after 1 hour.

My due date is 10/4 but he already confirmed that I can only go up til 39 weeks if baby doesnt come on his own, so definitely its gonna be september for me, so 10 weeks left for me.

no its not the a1c it what our numbers need to be under fasting and post food - fasting under 5 and 1hour post food under 7. Last time because of extra fluid baby had a couple of true knots in his cord (much more likely with gd) and his heart kept dropping with contractions, i should of been sectioned very early on but consultant didnt want to as it was my 7th delivery and then it became such an emergency situation there wasnt time to get me to theatre his heart dropped to below 50 it was absolutely horrendous the room was full of people panicking with alarms going off everywhere. The doc had to peel what was left of my cervix over the babies head and get him out. Midwifes came to see me next day and said they really thought he was going to die and that they had never seen a cord in such a state and had a happy outcome so im trying my best to keep my sugars in the range they should be to avoid excess fluid again.

Ughh dont know why I am still having those days where I feel like I am missing something. A facebook friend just delivered her baby girl, now she has 1 boy and 1 girl. I said congrats to her, and I am really happy that her family is complete but suddenly it made me sad all over again. I mean its not as severe as in the beginning, but I just felt something tug at my heart and that I am missing a little girl in my life. It doesnt help that people keep posting cute pics/videos of little girls all over facebook. Barely anyone post anything about boys. I honestly feel like girls are more cherished. Cant blame them, boys are awesome and cool but girls are just so darn cute!!

Ughh dont know why I am still having those days where I feel like I am missing something. A facebook friend just delivered her baby girl, now she has 1 boy and 1 girl. I said congrats to her, and I am really happy that her family is complete but suddenly it made me sad all over again. I mean its not as severe as in the beginning, but I just felt something tug at my heart and that I am missing a little girl in my life. It doesnt help that people keep posting cute pics/videos of little girls all over facebook. Barely anyone post anything about boys. I honestly feel like girls are more cherished. Cant blame them, boys are awesome and cool but girls are just so darn cute!!

Don't worry kitty, you aren't alone. I dont feel anywhere near as bad as I did initially but I still get days where it hits me again and I feel awful for sitting thinking 'argh, why can't he just be a girl :('. Like u, it's not all the time but it does happen. I'm blaming it on the hormones! Still sometimes too when people refer to my bump as 'he' or 'him' I feel a little twang in my stomach and wish they would stop saying it. I'm not in exactly the same boat as you though because I already have a little girl so I get really angry at myself for feeling like this as I feel like I'm being greedy. Can't help the way we feel though so don't beat yourself up over it. I wish I could go back in time and not find out what I'm having. I know when I see his little face I'm not going to care what sex he is so I wish I had just waiting until that moment and saved myself all this grief. If we have any more kids I've already decided I absolutely don't want to know the sex until the baby is in my arms x

Oh kitty i definitely know what that feels like, even after my boys were born i would feel a tug of sadness everytime someone announced they were having or had a girl. Gosh even now when expecting my 2nd girl i still get jealous when someone has a girl. How mental is that? doesnt make sense at all.

Oh kitty i definitely know what that feels like, even after my boys were born i would feel a tug of sadness everytime someone announced they were having or had a girl. Gosh even now when expecting my 2nd girl i still get jealous when someone has a girl. How mental is that? doesnt make sense at all.

I'm the same 3boys! Anywhere I go if I see a family with 2 girls I still feel jealous that it's not me and I sit there thinking I've got a girl already, why am I jealous :/ but it's just such an involuntary feeling that there's nothing we can do about it. Obviously if we could flip a switch and feel differently we would but that's not an option unfortunately x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->