Can't decide, help?

Camia

Reaction score
After going through what feels like thousands of boy names we've finally agreed on one. Well...two versions of one. It's the only one we've found that neither of us hates so it feels like a miracle. But we're torn on which version.

Wesley or Westley?

On the one hand, Wesley is more familiar, I feel like, so Westley would probably lead to having to correct people often which can get annoying. Both boyfriend and I have to constantly correct people on spelling our names so we want to avoid it for the baby. My mother was the one to come up with Wesley and originally inspire this debate and she's already commenting on how Westley is too odd. On the other hand, visually I prefer the look of Westley and I like the meaning it has for us, as one of our shared favorite movies we sorta bonded over when we first met was The Princess Bride (which, if you don't know, has an awesome main character named Westley).

I'm also an author and have a character in an upcoming novel named Wesley (created long before I ever got pregnant) and I don't particularly mind using the name for the baby but I feel like it may bring up questions and comments when the book is published, as a lot of my family read my books and I'm very open about my life outside of writing with my readership. I share a lot about my "behind the scenes" life and family. It'd be pretty easy for people to put together the shared name. It's not a big deal but something I'm thinking about. I don't want people to feel like I created a character and then named my kid after him.

Initially we thought of Westley after the suggestion came up but then decided to keep it simple and stick to Wesley, but the more I think about it the more I go back and forth on which I prefer.

With my accent when i say Westley it just sounds like Wesley anyway. I think youre right that it could become confusing. Id personally go with Wesley for that reason!

I would go with Wesley too as it would be quite easily confused.

Wesley is a lovely name.

I have a Darcy (boy) people always call him a girl. It drives me insane. Darcy is originally a boys name but has become unisex recently.
We love Theo but I couldn't be dealing with correcting people all the time. So many put an F at the start when saying it. Would drive me bonkers lol

My DH’s name is Wesley. We both love his name, and some people get it right... however he introduces himself as Wes, and everyone thinks he’s saying: “West”
So I think you should go with the spelling you guys love, you will have to correct ppl no matter what. It’s not a very common name so he has to spell it for people all the time.

Much prefer Wesley. Unless you plan to nickname baby 'West' which is super cute

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->