can't decide when I want my second???

Meganmae

Reaction score
hi my dd is 20 months old and I'm 50/50 about this , I cannot decide when I'd like my second baby, pros are close in age , we have the room and most thingsfrom first baby, I love how close children are when they are close in age . cons I'm still in prozac from first time from pnd and I'm worried it will come back. I don't know if I can go through pregnancy again so soon, but you do forget to some degree that is true,not being able to cope. I'm just wondering how other people decided or if they just went for it? oh I should add my dh would rather wait a bit but he would have one now if I did if that makes sense lol

We wanted a two year age gap between ours so started trying to keep in with that. Sadly we had a mc so we've now got a 2 and a half year gap. I've decided if we try again we won't wait as long because you never know what might happen, even if everything was perfect the first time round it might not work that way second time. Just be sure that if you fall the first month of trying your ready for it

You just never know the road in front of you. If you want and can afford another then go for it!

We decided we wanted them close. Our oldest two are 20 months apart. Perfect. We tried that age gap for our third, but after numerous losses, and infertility treatments, we had to wait four long and agonising years of trying to conceive. But, even tho the age spacing isn't perfect, our family is.

I didn't want another one until my DD turned 2. Now that she's 2.5 I am excited about TTC. She will probably be 3.5 years older than her sibling. We are designing the layout of our next house and already calling them the girls' rooms.

I am going to aim for about 2 and a half year gap. That will get Violet most of the way to 2 without an interruption in nursing due to pregnancy. It would also result in baby number 2's birthday being close to summer break. I'm a teacher and if I can get maternity leave right before summer break, I can maximize my time off and have it along side a break! We'll see what reality brings.

I wanted a two-year age gap so we started trying just before my daughter's second birthday - unfortunately I had a miscarriage the first time we got pregnant, and waited a couple cycles before starting to ttc again. So we have a 2.5 year gap and it's going really well!

My girls turn 20 months tomorrow and we're ttc nect cycle (10 days to go!!:happydance:). We're hoping for about 2 and a half years between the twins and new baby. (If we hadnt had twins we would probably and tried sooner for a 2 year gap).

Im so excited but I know you can never fully plan these things as pp's have highlighted. It took us 5 months to conceive last time so we'll see what hapoens this time...

As PP's have said I think you cant count on these happening so even though it may take a few months, be preparee fir it happening straight away too!!!

We've a 22 mth gap and I love they're so close and into the same things

I just keep waiting until I feel ready, which definitely hasn't happened yet. I feel like I will know it when it happens, but I personally don't mind a larger age gap. It's also an issue of money, as childcare turned out to be much more expensive than I'd planned.

I don't think it's the best idea to make the decision while you're taking prozac. You'll need to stop taking them during pregnancy and if you fall pregnant straight away not only will you need to adjust to not taking the pills anymore but your hormones will be raging anyway. Perhaps you could make a plan together that will enable you to see if you're ready to stop the medication and atleast then it's some sort of compromise for the both of you - you're waiting a little longer than perhaps you would like but also he's meeting you in the middle.

thanks for replies, think we're gonna wait and discuss it again next year

If you can afford it then I'd say go for it! We had no trouble conceiving our first (fell pregnant first cycle) but two and a half years after first one arrived we decided to try for a second - well, little one is now nearly three and nothing's happened so far! We couldn't try any earlier as first is in full time nursery and we couldn't afford to have two in nursery at once. Is annoying though as even if we have another there will be at least a three and three quarters year age gap.

Mine is 18 month and we've been struggling with this a lot. My OH is totally ready to try for #2, but I'm really nervous for a lot for a lot of reasons. Part of it is work-related (not at the best point professionally for another), but a bigger issue is that I worry a second baby would really throw off our rhythm. I love our little family and how the three of us work together, but it was hard to get here, and I am scared to add another infant into the mix.

I am pregnant with #2 right now and my dd is a few days away from 25 months. She'll be exactly 2 1/2 by the time this one comes. I wanted to keep it in the 2 year range. It took 8-9 months of TTC #1, with a lot of blood work and trying all kinds of different methods and so I was sure it would be a while to TTC for #2... well we got pregnant the very first month on the very first time of bd. I was in shock but I'm extremely happy.

My only ONLY thing that I would say is... dd just turned 2 and definitely has started what I'd call the terrible two's... and being pregnant I'm so exhausted with this one, I still work full time... so dealing with her tantrums and fits and just her overall energy... WHEW it's a lot, I question my sanity on a daily basis LOL. But I think it will all be worth it. I'm hoping when the baby comes she'll be a little older and will be able to "help" with a lot of stuff which will keep her busy and help her feel like she is really involved with the baby.

The age gap between our DDs will be 2y 9m. It took us 5 months conceive and we'd like to try for a smaller gap next time so hope to be TTC again by the time DD2 is a year old :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->