Can't figure out the "O"

Hey_Beautiful

TTC #2
Reaction score
Okay. So, I am on CD14, and was having 'twinges' this morning around noon - and then it turned into really bad cramps around 5pm. I took a CBE OPK and got the smiley face.
(Since this is my first OPK test this month, I don't know how long the Smiley Face has been there...)
Unfortunately, DH travels, so he went out of town on Wednesday – March 28, 2012, however, we BD that morning and will again when he returns on Sunday – April 01, 2012.
I'm wondering if the cramp AND the smiley face means that I am Ovulating, or am I about to Ovulate (within the next day or so) ...and have I missed it?!?!?!? HELP!!!

Okay. So, I am on CD14, and was having 'twinges' this morning around noon - and then it turned into really bad cramps around 5pm. I took a CBE OPK and got the smiley face.
(Since this is my first OPK test this month, I don't know how long the Smiley Face has been there...)
Unfortunately, DH travels, so he went out of town on Wednesday – March 28, 2012, however, we BD that morning and will again when he returns on Sunday – April 01, 2012.
I'm wondering if the cramp AND the smiley face means that I am Ovulating, or am I about to Ovulate (within the next day or so) ...and have I missed it?!?!?!? HELP!!!
Use opk starting 3 days after period over when get positive the egg will be there and avaliable for about 36 hours this helps

A positive OPK means that you are hitting your LH surge and that you will ovulate within the next 12 to 48 hours, so no eggy yet when you get the smiley face. There is a slim chance that the sperm from Wednesday is still viable by the time you ovulate. Once you no longer get the smiley, then you ovulate. (If your body doesn't decide to delay ovulation, which it could if you are stressed out, etc.)

I would BD right away on Sunday when your hubby gets home. There may be a slim chance there as well but honestly you might have missed the window. Once you get a smiley, you BD for 3 days straight, then rest one day and then BD one more time for good measure. They say sperm lives for up to 5 days but that is only under ideal conditions. Our bodies view sperm as a foreign object and even though hubby deposits millions, by the time they reach the fallopian tubes there are only a few left. If you haven't already, check out the great sperm race on You Tube. Very enlightening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->