Can't get the latch right

CazM 2011

Mommy to 2 princess
Reaction score
I feel so stupid this time I mean I've already done this once it should be easier right? Well no I can't get her to latch right, my nipples are agony and the right one is bleeding, I've been doing everything I know of to try and get her to latch on but she can't seem to get enough in her mouth, the HV checked and said she had no problems in her mouth but some oral thrush which I have I think, but we are treating this. Am sure it's something to do with her latch but I just can't seem to get her on properly, I retry to latch her properly every time but after 20+ attempts I don't know what to do. She hadnt regained her burth weight
Last thursday at 10 days but midwife didnt seem concerned aa she had gained most of it, it just seems to be getting worse, Help!?!?!

My dd is similar and has posterior tongue tie. Took 3 midwives to check it.

My son had a horrible latch and i had to just express to get him to gain weight. I always kept trying each day when he was calm and one day after 2 weeks we just clicked and he has a wonderful latch. I think his mouth was just to small combined with my flat nipples. The pumping helped my nipples come out more and that helped alot too. And we have no bottle confusions. I still feed him by bottle if im to sore then breastfeed so if hes super hungry he doesn't pull so hard on my nipples.

I wish you luck!!

Thanks both for replying xx have got the Breastfeeding support woman coming round any minute, praying she can help!! Don't want to give up now when I know how great it'll get after this is sorted, I can't seem to get any milk out expressing which is so frustrating as I know it's in there but the pump will not get it out!! Xx

Are you trying different positions? I found in the early days I had real problems especially on the left side but found the rugby/under arm hold better for latching on. Hope the bf support lady really helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->