Can't remember if this is normal for being off BCP...

MerryBe

Mom of 18mo DD
Reaction score
I finished up my last pack of BCP on Jan. 31 and DH and I went officially NTNP with the beginning of February. I had a totally normal cycle last month -- a little short, 26 days, but AF was pretty normal (maybe a little short, but only by half a day or a whole day tops). Last month was crazy and DH and I didn't really get to DTD at all during my fertile window, and I've been getting excited about when I was thinking I'd probably OV this month around CD 14 -- but three days ago (starting CD8) everything started to go totally weird with my system.
I started having some spotting on and off two days ago, along with cramps. They're not constant -- usually a round of them only lasts about 15 minutes or so, but they can be pretty bad. Last night was the worst. I got up to change my 18mo DD's diaper and between the time it took me to get up and in a bathrobe and to her room, I went from feeling "slightly crampy" to "something is going to come hurtling out my vag right this second" and I felt shaky and nauseous. I rocked her a while and it passed in about 15 minutes, but it scared me -- I was hoping the feeling would go away, but it seems to be sticking around. I've been sort of crampy all morning, took DD on a walk and that didn't help at all.
I don't remember having had any sort of mid-cycle spotting or cramps before I started taking BCP as an adult or while we were TTC with daughter. At first I thought it might just be OV pain, but it doesn't sound like OV pain to me...
I don't track my temps right now but I do check my CM at least once a day, and I haven't had any EWCM until last night. So I'm thinking that I still haven't OV'd yet -- but it's got me totally freaked out that I've been feeling so weird before OV (at least I think before OV -- would be pretty weird to have done it in the three days between my cycle ending and this crazy pain starting up which made me more anxious/i.e. more aware of my CM).

Sorry, I've rambled on.... does this sound like something I should be concerned about or have you experienced something similar? It's been so long since I've had to really pay attention to what my body does between cycles that I feel clueless!

Sounds like your hormones are still trying to regulate from BCP. As far as mid cycle spotting it can be PCOS or uterine fibroid. Neither are cancerous, neither are serious, both are very treatable. I have a uterine fibroid and I am 30 yr old. PCOS and fibroids can cause mid cycle spotting. If you are still worried it would not hurt to see your OB. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->