Car Insurance Help

Are you sure the people phoning you are legit? Have you rung them to check it out? Just seems very suspicious to me especially as you can still get the original price quoted.

Something definitely sounds off! I'd ask if they have done a credit check, a friend had her insurance sky rocket because her credit rating wasn't great (though it was her ex husbands doing) but not every company does.

I would contact the financial ombudsman if I were you. Ask their advice on it and make a complaint, as it sounds like they have really misled you! I'd also cancel and find another insurer. If they're pulling stunts like this now imagine what they could possibly do if you (god forbid) ever had to claim..

Something definitely sounds off! I'd ask if they have done a credit check, a friend had her insurance sky rocket because her credit rating wasn't great (though it was her ex husbands doing) but not every company does.

I would contact the financial ombudsman if I were you. Ask their advice on it and make a complaint, as it sounds like they have really misled you! I'd also cancel and find another insurer. If they're pulling stunts like this now imagine what they could possibly do if you (god forbid) ever had to claim..

Yeah definitely going to cancel, found much cheaper quotes and like you said they can't be trusted really. Sent an email complaining about the situation but had no reply!

Once you're committed to buy (and payments have been made) that's a contract and they should sell you at the advertised (quoted) price.

I'd be getting some advice from 3rd party (inc legal advice). The mistake is theirs.

That seems really fishy. Unless you broke the contact, for example, didn't send proof of no claims, or it was inaccurate. That will push you premium up. However, otherwise that does not sound right and you should get some advice as there is usually an admin fee to get out of the policy. I cancelled mined today as it cost £55 ( sold car and with different company for new car)

I'd threaten with the financial ombudsman. I had so much greif with an insurance company (eCar) about them not giving a refund for yonks then when I asked for proof of no claims they said I had a claim for theft! Total lies and when I threatened with no choice but to contanct the financial ombudsman I had a refund and proof of no claims the next day!

What company is this with?! Sounds so dodgy!

You can try the financial ombudsman but they weren't much use to me when my insurance company did me over! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->