car seat dilemma

magicvw

Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
Baby is due pretty soon and we are trying to work out what to do re car seats - this is doing my head in! :headspin:

We already have a seat suitable for 0-18kg, so from birth to approx 4 years. My daughter is 13kg and 3 in July. So the current seat is ok for either her or the new born.

I wanted to buy a new seat for my daughter, as it makes more sense to have a bigger one and a smaller one, but it seems that the standard next size up is from 15kg (again it says 4 yrs on the bumf).

So what do we do- buy another small one, then have to buy a bigger one when she puts on another 2kg and end up with 3 seats and 2 children, or do we buy a bigger one and have some time where she is a bit small for it? (how long would it take for her to put on 2kg if I feed her a Mars bar a day? :lol:)

Or the other alternative i guess is to make sure we have 3 kids! :lol:

I'd go for the new seat for your daughter and use hers for the baby, decisions, decisions! xxx.

I think i'd also be tempted to buy the car seat for your daughter BUT you really do need to think why guidelines are in place if she really is to small for the newer carseat & god forbid anything happened you may regret not getting one to fit correctly if that makes sense. I totally see where you are & i would be so tempted to get the newer for older daughter but again the safety aspect plays a big part & i'd hate for anything to happen.
If you bought the bigger one would you be allowed to give your daughter a cushion of some sort? xx

I'd buy a new infant one as 2 kg is quite a lot for your daughter to put on in the next fortnight. I don't know what your selection is like in Bulgaria but here we can get car seats that recline and are for 9 months to 4 yrs approx costing from £80 to £150 but also cheaper ones for the same age that don't recline and are really high-backed booster seats with a harness.

Thanks ladies! :D We bought one yesterday. Found a really nice one which has an extra cushion and is suitable from 9kg-36kg so problem solved! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->