Car seats 9 months plus

juliespencer9

Reaction score
HI all,

Can anyone recommend a car seat for 9 months to 3 or 4 years, I havent a clue
of the things i should be looking for only that a recliner would be good....

:thumbup:

Hi, I have a Britax Evolva 123 and I think it is great. I have used my one for Aimee from when she was 3 and now Jason uses it but he is still in recline with the 5 point harness. It has side protection, cushioned head bits and snack/cup holder that pop out at the side.

Here is a Halfords LINK

Hope this helps :D

I think all the britax are good x

Agree. I only ever use Britax myself. Before Aimee was in the Evolva I had a Britax First Class which is also a good seat and fills your wants for your new carseat also.

i have 2 britax prince
they are lovely and light weight so you can transfer them easily and alex is well supported and it reclines aswell

Britax and Maxi-Cosi - these car seats score best in Which consumer tests.

For a £1 you can subscribe to Which for a month's trial (then cancel it). They do actual car crash safety tests, which is an eye opener for some of the car seats that performed poorly.

If safety is a priority, then get an Isofix car seat (as long as your car has the isofix points). These are safer than seat belt ones.

Britax and Maxi-Cosi - these car seats score best in Which consumer tests.

For a £1 you can subscribe to Which for a month's trial (then cancel it). They do actual car crash safety tests, which is an eye opener for some of the car seats that performed poorly.

If safety is a priority, then get an Isofix car seat (as long as your car has the isofix points). These are safer than seat belt ones.

sorry hun but i disagree isofix are not actually safer - IF the seatbelt is fitted correctly then a normal non isofix seat will perform just as well in the event of an accident

all of thses seats have passed the required safety checks

Here is an interesting article from Which:

All seats sold in the UK must meet the test requirements of the compulsory standard ECE R44/04. This simulates a low-speed crash test at the front of the vehicle, equivalent to around 30mph, without a child sustaining serious injury. But beware – the test is done on a test bench and there's no compulsory side-impact test, or ease of use assessment for child car seats.

Which? uses far more stringent standards than this. Our crash tests are derived from Euro NCAP – which carries out crash testing on behalf of European consumers and shows how well cars protect occupants in severe accidents. Our testing does a similar thing for child seats and more accurately reflects what happens in real crashes than the legal minimum test.

Thanks everyone, I think im going to get a maxi cosy model, unsure which one though, def one that reclines, any other handy things you can get to make the ride a comfy as poss as my lo hates being in the car seat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->