Car Seats Help Please

jadesh101

Keira&Seren
Reaction score
Keira is 15 weeks and 5 days and last Wednesday weighed just over 12lb 6oz and she seems to be getting too big for her car seat, so what age and weight did you change your car seat and any car sears you would advise xx:dohh:

i was say she is definitely too young to move over yet honey. i believe the current min. weight to move from infant carrier to next stage is 20lb.
from what i've read it's best to go not by age, but by weight, and more important imo when there head is above the top of there car seat. personally i would keep them rear-facing for as long as you can. we moved my daughter about 9months, as she was 20lb's already and very tall for her age.
i think you've got a little while before you move up :D x

Yes hun I was hoping there was a next size up the rear-facing ????

yep they do them, remember they have a lower weight limit though. best thing is to go some where like mothercare and see what suits your car, as recommendations are good, but it's what fits your car best. though i would say, personally i wouldn't move her yet, though i'm sure you can get combination seats :flower:

Thanks for the advice I just don't like to think that she is uncomfy bless her little heart

Can she even sit up by herself? She needs to be in an infant carrier for quite awhile yet. She doesn't sound that big tbh? Amelie is 20lbs and still in hers and she has about 3inches left over her head. Its okay if the legs dangle over, just aslong as the head doesn't.

Surely she should have plenty of room still. Has the seat got padding in it? You could remove some of the padding to make it roomier, this is what we did with ours, the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix, then later on we removed the head support bit. Ruby is 22lb and fine in it still.

yes I have removed padding and the head rest but she is still abit tight for room no her head is not over the top it is not length it is width

Remember she'd of been really squashed in the womb and babys her age enjoy being swaddled and cuddled tightly still so she doesn't need as much room as you'd think hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->