Cardboard boxes

Lauren25

Reaction score
We are moving house in about 5/6 weeks and the house we are moving to needs A LOT of work doing to it! A lot of our things will have to be stored out of the way for a good few weeks if not a couple of months while the works getting done so I need some good cardboard boxes with lids!

Nowhere round here gives you boxes for free, the only place that I know that will are just little open boxes which aren't any good for what I need!

So I'm just wondering does anyone know the cheapest place to get some, I need a mix of sizes!

Argos do these:

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Brow...ving+house+packs+and+bubble+wrap|33016004.htm

They can be expensive though, I would try my hardest round all the supermarkets and ask first!

Ebay. They do a loads, new & used. Alot are collection only though. But you might be lucky in finding some local to you, & they tend do go cheaper.

Storage companies do them, like the big yellow storage etc x

Try googling your local freecycle I had some luck there x

Facebook. I bought some from one of the storage places and it was SUPER expensive, so I got a few from Argos - which were ok for the money. but the small boxes are real small and hardly fit any thing in.

So if you go on the facebook selling sites - often people have loads around. or have you got a local high street - prob better chance from greengrocers and corner shops then the big supermarkets.

We got some from ikea, but also bought some of the large shopping bags from morrisons, they hold loads and have a fabric handle, loads easier to carry than boxes.

the storage companies sell them. Also ask on facebook selling pages. people often give them away after theyve moved house just to get rid of them.

As above really, ask on freecycle, ask local shops, and if no-one's getting rid of any try ebay :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->