Carpal tunnel?

Timetotry

Reaction score
Has anyone else developed carpal tunnel during their pregnancy?
I'm 23 weeks now, but the symptoms started early in 2nd trimester.
Has anyone found anything that helps? I'm worried about it getting worse, losing grip strength and affecting my work (I'm hoping to work as long as possible and don't want to have to finish work early!)

I developed it mid 3rd trimester with my DD. My hands and fingers would be so stiff and painful. I got some wrist splints to wear when possible (as they keep wrists straight and restrict movement it was only possible for bed!). It did help a bit but they were a hassle for any other time than at night! Luckily it disappeared almost immediately after birth. I went to my GP and the hospital provided my with the splints, they just velcroed round!

I had it in my first pregnancy, either late second trimester or early third. I wore wrist braces at night and when working on the computer (which aggravated it). It went away quickly after birth. Then I got Mommy Thumb :rofl:

I got splints at the store, walmart, walgreens, target, etc.

I use wrist braces to help with the pain and swelling. I have carpal tunnel, but the pain is severe during pregnancy. Terrible. I'm sorry that many of us are dealing with this. Aren't we achy in enough places without our hands and wrists acting up, too? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->