Carpel tunnel in hands 30+4?

CharCharxxx

Reaction score
I think this is what it is called but the last couple of days Ive had this continuous annoying aches feeling all through my hands/fingers and sometimes wrists, is anyone else experiencing this? It's a really infuriating pregnancy pain don't u think?!! I mean for goodness sake as ida we don't have to go through enough friggin pain in the obvious places, why our effin hands?!? Sorry I'm in such a bad mood this week I'm so sick of bein pregnant :( x

I had this as well for a couple of days and then it just faded away. Do you see your doc soon?

Mine flared up around 23 weeks and is really bad now- reduced grip strength, pain, numb fingers and now I've got tenosynovitis in my left thumb/wrist. Splints 24/7 mostly. My hands do not like pregnancy

I had this as well for a couple of days and then it just faded away. Do you see your doc soon?

No haven't booked doctor or anything as I've read it's pretty normal don't want to hassle them! Sooooo annoying though ay just want it to go x

Mine flared up around 23 weeks and is really bad now- reduced grip strength, pain, numb fingers and now I've got tenosynovitis in my left thumb/wrist. Splints 24/7 mostly. My hands do not like pregnancy

Oh god that sounds terrible! Sorry your having pain that bad hun :-/ just doesn't seem right that pregnancy effects our hands!! X

Ive got it! Was worse at night to begin with. Id wake up with my hands like claws and they felt dead but painful. Now ive got it during the day too, ive had enough lol. Maybe wirth getting a physio app incase it gets worse and they will give u splints. Too late fir me now as it'll take 2+ weeks for an app. Hope yours fades x

Mine was def worse at night and went away with rest. I also had my hubby massage my hands.

My hands and fingers have been swelling, especially at night. During the day just bending my fingers is painful..

Yeah the hope is that once I give birth it subsides..

Hi ive suffered from this too my fingers and knuckles have been painful and also feeljng tight and im waking up having to crack some fingers back in place and when I bend them they stick again not pleasant but have read it eventually goes afta birthxx

My sister told me today as I was dishing out veg at dinner that I was"really ham fisted". My carpal tunnel started a few weeks ago and I seem to have good days and bad days. Wearing wrist braces at night helps a fair bit.

I'm in the same boat as well. I think for me it has to do with the swelling. I can barely close my hands all the way and find they get stiff to where I need to crack them. Haven't been able to wear my wedding rings since 5 months. They barely fit on my pinky finger now. Can't wait until this goes away.

I'm almost at 32 weeks and have been dealing with left wrist pain for a few weeks now. I had the doc check at my last visit and she told me she obviously couldn't prescribe me anti inflamatories so she have me a splint which helps while I'm wearing it, but hard to perform tasks with. I've also tried wearing it while I sleep but sometimes it seems to feel worse after I take it off... I had my sister perform accupuncture on it, but like she said it's just one of those things you just gotta deal with :/

I've had this since around 26 weeks, I've got used to it now but it's definitely one of those things I wasn't expecting about pregnancy! My doctor was pretty useless, he just said it'd go away after delivery. Just be careful with your hands when you wake up in the night and when you first get up in the morning - a couple of times I over-stretched mine, my thumb joint sort of popped & I was in a lot of pain for a few days afterwards. So just go easy on your hands from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->