Carrier for newborn?

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I have a mei-tai but I only got it for Sofia when she was about 4 months old, are they suitable for newborns or should I get something else?

I've just got one for Isla who is 3 1/2 months old and I think it swamps her, especially when I try to put her on my back. I've been using a Moby with her since she was born and its been great. Would highly recommend.

We have a Babyhawk but yesterday, went to Mamas and Papas and got one of their newborn carriers for when she is teeny as we are a bit wary of the Mei Tai when she is so little.

xxx

That's why I ask. Sofia was such a teeny baby there's no way she would've fitted in it. This one probably won't be much bigger.

I have bag slings that I used with Sofia, the only one I ever felt was safe was the premaxx sling. I know that they've had a lot of bad press recently though.

I would recommend a kari-me, they are wrapped so tight and snug to you it's like being back in the womb :)

Bag slings aren't considered safe, how about a ring sling instead? I found it fantastic when my two were tiny, although not for extended periods of time. I've heard lots of good things about moby wraps for newborns too.

Bag slings aren't considered safe, how about a ring sling instead? I found it fantastic when my two were tiny, although not for extended periods of time. I've heard lots of good things about moby wraps for newborns too.

I know, and I agree with two of them I had (babasling and another I can't remember) but the premaxx kept her in one place, she never had her mouth/nose covered. I would have to see with this baby whether it was the same.

I would recommend a kari-me, they are wrapped so tight and snug to you it's like being back in the womb :)

Ooo, I really like the look of that! How is it different to the Moby or just a variation on theme?

Seeing as it gets really hot here and both Sofia and I are hot anyway, do you think a woven or stretchy wrap is best?

A woven gauze wrap would be slightly cooler. The girasol one is quite cool, can't think of others off the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->