Cars - how do we fit everyone in?!

Mummy_leanne

Reaction score
We currently have a zafira which is just about fine space wise if it's just me and the 3 children, gets a bit tight if there's more than that though.

We're looking for a 2nd car for OH as his is knackered lol
It needs to be able to fit a 3 year old an 8 month old and a very tall 13 year old in the back. (LO's in Reccaro car seats)
Needs to have a spacious boot and be capable of driving hilly moor roads easily as this is OH commute to work. We'd like to stay away from people carriers if possible as a) we don't really need 2, b) OH would like something a little in the sport side ideally.

We've looked at Audi A6, Volvo XC60, Skoda.

The issue is space, it's ok whilst there's one in a front facing and one in a rear facing seat but as soon as we turn littlest one round there will be no space for 13 year old :-/

Does anyone have any ideas, I'm completely stumped.

Thanks

My Dad has a Mitsubishi Outlander. When the boys are in the back, I can fit in between. It's a bit of a squeeze but doable (I'm not skinny! Size 14).

It also has the option for 2 further seats in the boot if required (not suitable for car seats).

Freelander? Pretty good for country roads pretty big boot

We had a landrover which was great space wise with 7 seats but just moved closer into London and couldnt park it.

We now got a BMW 3 series. Fits the 4 of us in comfortably with a large enough boot for the double buggy and shopping. Only prob is it has sports style seats so with the car seats in you cant really fit a 3rd person in the middle. but my childminder also has one with diff style seats and she cant fit an adult in the back.

Thanks ladies, can I ask what car seats your using, so so I can see how they compare in size to ours.

In the Outlander we use a High Backed Booster for Joshua (by Concord I think) & a group 0+1 car seat for Jacob (no idea for make).

Depends how much space you want and how much that means to you. We have a vw transporter, I have 4 kids all in car seats and one with autism who if someone is along side him he will lash out at. It's also a long wheel base so I can fit anything I've ever dreamed of in it, lol. Mines a 9 seat shuttle, we love it, have SIL and her family down (3 of them) and our family (6 of us), all in it with one double pram, and two other prams and it's spacious, so no one squeezing in anywhere and still space to fit two washing machines in haha.

But they are huge vans, not cars, and they are not quick or economical, but them neither of many of the large 4x4s or mpvs ... Just depends what you want.

Well if you want a 7 seater that's not a people carrier then Q7, XC90, Discovery, X5 (ish), Santa Fe (got rid of mine in Jan and loved it!)

5 seaters not people carriers then Toureg, XC60 although this is a bit pokey if you want room, any large estate like the Skoda Superb, Audi A6, Qashqai+2 (the 4x4 version), Passat estate, Murano, Merc E Class estate etc.

Although the Grand Carivan, Verso (but realistically can only get 2 kids in the back), Grand C-Max, Touran are all great.

We have an Avensis Estate and can get 2 baby seats and me in the middle but it's snug. On the plus, there is no rear pillar in the middle so your knees are at the right level. Boot is a tardis! Hubby's Octavia VRs is also a tardis and great to drive but still a family car.

It all depends on budget, what you want mpg wise, insurance, tax, running costs etc.

We have a scenic. Its the Mwb 2010 MKIII version though. So boot is ok, but not as big as the MKII we had before.
We can get 2 car seats and a booster in it, or 2 boosters and a car seat. Currently we have DS in the rearfacing seat in the middle and DD behind me, leaving the other passenger side for any other people. We have the hauck varioguard car seat, and could easily get 3 of those in the back if need be!

Its a derf, and we get around 50mpg - we do around 60 miles a day commute.

I have a Galaxy. Its sooo cheap to run (5.5hr trip on just 30 of fuel) I put about 20 in it a week and never in red. Honest its sooo cheap to run! 3 separate seats too and I can strap LO in by getting in car if I have too!

Quashqai+2 love ours for space :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->