Castor Oil

Celeste Ann

Reaction score
First things first. If you're going to comment something negative - don't bother. Your comment will be simply be ignored. I am asking for ADVICE not a lecture.​

I am a bit over 40 weeks and decided to take Castor Oil. I have done my fair share of research, talked to midwife plus the doctors at my Obgyn about taking castor oil. I was also told, if by chance I wanted to take it that I should wait til 40+ weeks IF I actually made it past due date. And here I am, still very much pregnant.

Under the awareness that it might not even work, I decided why not to try it anyway. With this being said, I am completely 100% effaced and 2 cm dilated (As of 10/14/14) I may have dilated more, who knows. I've been cramping and even lost my mucus plug.

So, at around 9 pm I took about 2-2 1/2 ounces of castor oil. And decided to take a nice warm bath (From a long, LONG frustrating day.) I was curious, for only those who it has been successful for, what the process was for you. (When you took it, if you had diarrhea, when you went into labor, ect)

Like I said, I would very much rather not hear negative comments, people have their opinions, but any negative ones please sway away from this thread. Thanks! :)

I saw a video of a girl who took castor oil. She went into labor within hours. Im glad you posted this. Im curious too. I hope baby comes really soon for you. I know how uncomfortable the last few weeks are. I was 2 weeks past my due date with dd1 and was induced.

I tried it with my first on the recommendation of someone else who had done it and it worked. For me, it did not. I had terrible cramping and diarrhea, and thought for sure it would. I only took one dose, though, and found out after the fact that I should have tried multiple doses. I think it would have worked had I tried that. I was 3 cm , 50% when I tried, so my body was clearly on its way. I never tried it again, but who knows? I might get desperate enough this time, lol. Keep us posted!

I'm thinking about trying it later...

My sister did and it worked.. But I think she drank about half the bottle! Lol baby was born perfectly fine, but she did get diarhea... Curious to see how it works for you!

I tried it but it didnt work for me. If your getting cramps etc hun then take a little more. the fact your cervix is ready is a good sign that it would probably work. I was always told it would take upto a full bottle (over a few hours) for it to work (thats what i had in the end and didnt even give me the runs :dohh:) They also suggest mixing it with pure orange to make it taste a bit better ;)

Not done it personally but it worked for my friend's sister (who was due the same time as DD). She recommended it! I'm not so sure - think I'd vomit before anything took effect! But if you're past due date I can understand trying. x

I'm now 2 days over 40 weeks.. and I've considered this myself.. The only thing that's stopping me is that if it DOES work.. I don't want diarreah during labor.. LoL. I really wouldn't wish that on my doctors. For now, I'm bouncing on my ball, and trying to walk at least 3 miles a day..
My doctors haven't checked my cervix since 36 weeks. (And nothing was happening then.) They wait until 41 weeks to intervene or check what's happening. I'm hoping I go into labor before 41 weeks (next Thursday) just because I don't want to deal with another OB appt and a non-stress test they have scheduled for me. :/

24 hours later - still no baby. But I've been having massive cramping today.. Nothing that I could time or that has gotten stronger. TMI, but I only pooped twice within 2-3 hours after I took it. After that I was back to normal, it makes me wonder if I actually took enough because I mixed it with Apple Juice, shook the hell out of it, and then chugged it. There was some left in the bottle but I couldn't stomach drinking anymore of it. I really want my body to just do this on it's own instead of getting induced next Friday.. But I still have a few days left so we'll see. :shrug:

24 hours later - still no baby. But I've been having massive cramping today.. Nothing that I could time or that has gotten stronger. TMI, but I only pooped twice within 2-3 hours after I took it. After that I was back to normal, it makes me wonder if I actually took enough because I mixed it with Apple Juice, shook the hell out of it, and then chugged it. There was some left in the bottle but I couldn't stomach drinking anymore of it. I really want my body to just do this on it's own instead of getting induced next Friday.. But I still have a few days left so we'll see. :shrug:

Have you tried sex? Sorry for the intrusion but I was told by my doc with dd2 that it would speed things up. The semen would help break the water is what he said.

sex is a good idea.. the semen works to soften the cervix and rough sex could cause the waters to break (just dont tell him that :haha: ) Also try EPO interally hun and Raspberry leaf tea xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->