Casual wedding

Rach79

Reaction score
Hello. I am getting married next year in our village hall with 100 guests. We want a very casual relaxed party really. We have been together over 9 years and have a son. Here is my plan:

The front of the hall will have chairs in rows for guests with a seating plan
2.15pm guests arrive
2.30pm humanist ceremony
3pm guests are given toast drink and I will say a few words and thank everyone for coming my H2B might say something also

Chairs will be moved and put around tables which will not have a seating plan
3.30pm cocktails and canapes - substantial ones, mini burgers, squat lobsters etc. Lawn games for the kids and young at heart
5.30pm hog roast with potatoes and salads.
6.30pm cake - cupcakes and a cake of cheese with oatcakes, chutney and fruits
7pm band
10.30pm finish

After party back at ours with close friends with a big brunch the next day.

People keep saying 'oh you can't do this and that' does this sound horrendous to you? Me wearing a £7 vintage dress is beyond my mums family :p My cousin spent about 1800 on a dress and I couldn't pick it out of a line up. I want to celebrate love with my friends and family not create debt. My dad and 2 uncles died recently and we all need a bit of cheering up. Do you think the rough times look ok?

Sounds great to me. I refused to get into debt for our wedding as well and my favourite weddings have all been 'budget' weddings.

Are you having a photographer? You might need to allow time for any photographs.

30 minutes to move 100 chairs doesn't sound very long but I guess it depends how flexible and relaxed you are about timings.

Budget weddings are always better than over the top ones imo. I didn't go into debt over mine either, I had an amazing budget wedding and had everything a regular wedding would. I agree after ceremony make time for photos by the photographer. :) Find a photographer with a good portfolio who's trying to establish themselves there way cheaper.

Just do what makes you and hubby happy and it will work out :)

I love this as we had a similar sort of wedding. Who cares what other people's opinions are though?

I'd probably do the cake and cheese about 8.30pm xx

Thanks everyone. I am going to kindly ask the men to move the chairs in my wee speech, they just have to move them a max of 5 meters so no worries there. We are doing family pics at home in the morning before we go to the hall, hopefully in the garden but hey it is Scotland. We are spending a rather lot on gin and our free bar :happydance: We all went through school together and our parents and aunties and uncles went to school together so should be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->