Cat litter

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
We have an indoor cat and OH usually cleans out the litter tray etc but he is away for 4 days and I'm not sure what to do, I know pregnant woman aren't allowed to go near cat poop but what can I do?

I'm thinking of buying new litter trays and just putting on gloves and picking up the tray, popping it into a bin bag and throwing it In the bins :shrug:

If you wear gloves and cover your mouth and nose you'll be fine. The danger is with outdoor cats really, indoor cats don't catch wild animals etc x

Ah really? I never knew that, I think I will pop out and get some proper gloves and something to cover up my mouth then, thank you :) x

We just got a kitten when I found out I was pregnant - the same thing the others said really, if your cat hasn't been out then its very unlikely to have the parasite that causes infection.

We buy litter tray liners and cheap litter (£1 a bag in the pound shop) so that if my partner is not around I can use gloves and just pick up the whole bag and dump it in the bin.

You should be fine. I have an indoor cat and am single so I had no choice but to change the litter. I was high risk so i talked to my perinatologist (and also my cat's vet) and both said it's fine, just wash up like usual afterwards. The only poop that can be dangerous is of cat's who eat rats and such outside.

You should be fine. I have an indoor cat and am single so I had no choice but to change the litter. I was high risk so i talked to my perinatologist (and also my cat's vet) and both said it's fine, just wash up like usual afterwards. The only poop that can be dangerous is of cat's who eat rats and such outside.

Thank you, that's really helpful x

yeah I would maybe purchase a small mask to cover your nose and mouth or just tie a scarf around your head ;) LoL and use disposable gloves (maybe double them up?) and wash really good with antibacterial soap and you should be good!

My cats not pooped today, I think he knows he's not allowed :haha:

I shall certainly be going to stock up on things for it tomorrow ;)

If you've had a cat for a while, you may well be immune to toxoplasmosis through continued exposure xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->