Cautiously excited

babylaw720

Reaction score
So after a year and a half of ttc, and lots of heartbreak, I got my bfp today! I am only 10 dpo, and I think right now I am in shock and disbelief that this could actually be happening. I am probably going to test a few more times, but I have some questions. At what point am I supposed to make a doctor's appt? Given my history, I would like things to get checked out and confirmed early just to make sure that everything is legit.... But I don't know what questions to ask, or how to go about doing that. I am also nervous that if I go in they may say that I'm not actually pregnant (although the 4 tests I took today say otherwise). Both DH and I are having a hard time being as over the moon excited as we want to be because of our worries and the fact that this has taken a while....

That's normal hun I was well nervous even telling OH got me nervous lol xx

Congrats! Totally understand your worry. I'd wait until your missed AF and then get checked :flower:

I made an appointment ASAP because of all of my losses - I had 6 losses - none had made it further than 5/6 weeks. I always try to get a blood test the same day as my BFP - but all of mine happened on a Friday night or over the weekend and I'd lose it by that Monday. Except this one. I found out on Thanksgiving, and medical here was closed until that Monday (1Dec) so I had to wait until then and it was so stressful. But so far so good here!!

First of all, congrats! Secondly I understand your worries, because I had spent so long without getting pregnant and I was so shocked that all I could feel in the beginning was disbelief. I was so afraid of it all being snatched away from me in a moment. That feeling began to dissipate after I saw my baby on an ultrasound at ten weeks. I enjoyed the confirmation that I was not imagining it all, but I was still terrified of losing it all. Then my anatomy ultrasound at 18+5 brought me even more peace of mind. However, what really has made me relax is feeling my boy moving around in there daily and I have been able to do so since 20 weeks. I can feel him getting stronger.

Basically, all this boils down to is that time will be the thing that soothes you the most. Pregnancy is a waiting game, you wait to successfully get pregnant and then you wait for the pregnancy to successfully complete. For anxiety prone first time mothers such as myself it is difficult to deal with not knowing exactly how he is doing. However, I am happy to say I have settled in now and I am just enjoying everyday as it comes, and you too will get there.

Thanks so much ladies. That makes me feel a little better (although still cautious). I took a cheapie and a digital with weeks estimator, and it says 1-2, so in the medical world, Im only about 3w 5d along. Af was due today, so I guess now technically I have missed my period. I called the doctor and scheduled an appt for next wednesday. Fingers crossed. Is there anything else I should be doing in the mean time?

The tests with the weeks indicators aren't really reliable in giving a good guestimate. I got a 2-3 on it when I was like 6 weeks along. I didn't get a 3+ until 8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->