CB indicator - reliable?

firstbaby25

TTC#1
Reaction score
Hi all...

I am a frantic mess... as you can see from my signature we are due to start IVF - I have been told that my tubes are blocked. As this is a new addition to my life, whenever af is late and we have something big on (i.e. big drinking sessions) i will take a test - just to 'rule it out'.

On thursday it was my birthday - so i took a test. It's the FRER that you can see there. These are all fine and i'm not worried but my digital test has just this morning given me a 1-2 reading. Now, with my tubes i am at a higher risk of ectopic and the last time a digi said 1-2 it was chemical.

I am 5 days late for af and 19 dpo. Should i be worried about the digi?

I am so overwhelmed naturally! I have spent months mourning the loss of my fertility :growlmad:

Attachments

• IMG_1983 (4).JPG
    IMG_1983 (4).JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 65
I'm sure I read that the conception indicator is only around 65-70% accurate even though the actual pregnancy test itself is 99.9% accurate. The only way to know hcg levels for sure is through beta blood tests (I don't know if you are in the UK but we don't routinely get them here however it can be done). Bearing in mind that how dilute your urine is can have a big effect on the accuracy of the conception indicator. All your lines look fab, congratulations. If you are high risk for ectopic you will probably find your consultant will take bloods to monitor hcg anyway - plus do early scans.

Congratulations xx

WELL, I am UK (Manchester) and obviously i went to my doctors straight away... She didn't bother with bloods to confirm the pregnancy LITERALLY just took my word for it. My worry is now that we won't get IVF because we can get pregnant and that this is a miracle, never to be repeated :sad: they might make us try for years before they fund IVF should this end in Miscarriage.

That's great about the conception indicator not being DEAD reliable. my Chem was nothing like this... I am actually late, no cramping and no bleeding, i have sore boobs and before i knew I was in for a :bfp: we were commenting on how tired i was... I kind of wish I hadn't done the weeks indicator because i'm a natural worrier anyway!

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

EDIT - it says that the weeks indicator is 93% effective... I HOPE I am in that 7%

Would you phone the docs and ask for the bloods?

There's no harm in at least ringing them and asking. Explain that you were told your tubes are blocked and that you are at risk of ectopic. They should at the very least offer to scan you around when you would expect to be 6 weeks (which is probably only around a week from now since you are 5 days late). They would be able to see a sac then so would know where it is in relation to your tubes. Got everything crossed for you xx

she did phone the EPU in front of me - so I just have to wait out the next 10 days or so I don't know how far I am so would like to leave it until I am defo 6 weeks (if i make it that far) cause i might be able to get a little heartbeat then :) got to think positive haven't I?

Thanks again, will try another digi on wednesday and if it's not upped i'll phone and see if they will do the 48 hour bloods for me :)

thanks girls

I just have to wait don't i? I have no other choice - stress won't help anyone and even a beta level won't change the inevitable - what will be will be!

Just need to try and calm down! I've bought another digi and will see what that says monday and i've another for the sacred 3+ :haha:

I would say that looks great though. You are 3-4 weeks pregnant at 19 dpo so I'd say that's spot on. Some people who implant early can get 2-3 by only 4.5 weeks, but there's no guarantee you did and your urine could just be diluted. I didn't get 2-3 until I was 5 weeks so I think no reason to worry over a test that really isn't meant to be that accurate anyway. I think stay positive about it all til you have a reason not to.

I would say that looks great though. You are 3-4 weeks pregnant at 19 dpo so I'd say that's spot on. Some people who implant early can get 2-3 by only 4.5 weeks, but there's no guarantee you did and your urine could just be diluted. I didn't get 2-3 until I was 5 weeks so I think no reason to worry over a test that really isn't meant to be that accurate anyway. I think stay positive about it all til you have a reason not to.

I did one today at 4w 6d and it says 2-3. My worry is that I have been told I am infertile so could potentially be ectopic. And still a small possibility of a chem (just got to get to tomorrow, right?)

In all the 5 years that I have wanted a baby I have had one chem, been told I am infertile and now this :shrug:

I have 2 left to see them rising, though like you say not really meant to massively accurate, but will wait until Thursday, at least. I reckon...

Sometimes miracles happen when you least expect them. I wouldn't expect to get a 3+ by Thursday, but there's no harm in testing again if it makes you feel better. I would expect it closer to 6 weeks and you'll still be a few days shy. I think an early scan later in the week or next week should give you an idea of where baby is. Fingers crossed this is just one of those times when nature worked some magic.

Sometimes miracles happen when you least expect them. I wouldn't expect to get a 3+ by Thursday, but there's no harm in testing again if it makes you feel better. I would expect it closer to 6 weeks and you'll still be a few days shy. I think an early scan later in the week or next week should give you an idea of where baby is. Fingers crossed this is just one of those times when nature worked some magic.

I hope so and I am much more chilled out since it did go up today as long as it's rising i think a god sign ideally I would have had bloods done but it isn't an option... The early scan seems to be the alternative to the 3 day bloods (which were the option when I had my chem a while ago)...

Thanks for taking the time to reply EVERYONE. I don't know where my oh would be if it weren't for this group :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->