CBFM Buddy

Daisy! I understand where your head is at. what would the difference leave you (benefit wise) with if you did the iui with injectables then the IVF?

I am sorry Daisy...looking at your charts it does look like AF might be on her way....will she still come while you are taking the progesterone? I just have this feeling your going to get prego the 1st try with the IUI! I don't know why but I do. Next month is ours for the taking hun!!

oh jchic...don't feel bad, we've all been yelled at by our docs before! :hugs:

Jchickie - I don't actually know, because I don't know how much the "negotiated" fees are for the meds, the IUI, the monitoring - I know how much my clinic charges, but I don't yet know how much the insurance company pays. I am switching insurance March 1, so I guess I can find out at that point (they have to tell you right??)

Creative - I totally agree. I am not upset at all about AF coming, I just "didn't feel it" this cycle. It was such a weird cycle with the HSG, and all that midcycle bleeding, and late O... it just seemed inauspicious to me. I have a good feeling about IUI. I just have a good feeling in general that with IUI or IVF, I will be pregnant soon, within the next 3-6 months. God willing! It's my understanding that progesterone will prevent AF from starting, but there are some women who report that they got AF even on progesterone, so I will see what tomorrow brings. I have not spotted AT ALL on the progesterone, and normally that starts at 10 or 11 DPO, and now I'm on 13 DPO and not a single wipe of tinged CM! So that's good I guess. Or neutral, since it seems no one is concerned about the spotting from a fertility standpoint.

Totally get what you mean about not "feeling it" this cycle. I was the same way last cycle - I felt like we didn't time it right and I just knew that this wasn't the one, so lets just go ahead and move on to the next one!! Still holding out hope for you this cycle Daisy!

spotting is just "normal" for some people...I've never been tested for low progesterone and always wondered if I had a problem there but I've been spotting before AF for many years and still managed to fall prego so I guess I am ok. You've been checked and are ok too so I wouldn't worry too much hun! :hugs: It's really just a heads up AF is on her way! Which I guess is kind of a good thing right??

The time difference is killing me here! I miss out on the good stuff :)
Jchic, how hilarious and awful about your false positive :( I think it might have been prophetic tho? :happydance:

Here is where I need your advice right now ladies, I had highs for about 9 days and then back down to low. I am on CD29 now and wondering if I should buy some OPK's to keep going (since my machine stopped asking for sticks after 20) or just leave it for this cycle? I have had some long cycles in the past (42-45 days)... What if my egg is waiting to burst through? Also worried about spending the money tho.

I'm having a pretty desperate day... I just got put in charge of my best friend's baby shower. I'm excited... but it's so hard.:cry:

Hopeful! Please go get opks ASAP! I totally feel you about the shower, I just got this email from my cousin:

Hey!
How are you guys? I cant believe that you guys bought a house! Its so amazing how you guys are doing all of this- It will be such a great feeling to when all your hard work and sacrifice finally pays off the first night you guys spend in your new home!

So as you know we were all really sick at the end of december going into the first two weeks of January- we had some kind of weird virus that lingered for like 4 weeks- it was awful- i had to take the baby to the doctor numerous times!

I have been MIA, since that because I actually continued to be sick but for other reasons! So baby number two will be here in September! I am 11 weeks now and wanted to wait to get through as much of the first trimester as possible before spreading the news but i wanted to tell you why i have been so distant the last month and half- I have been really really really really sick with horrible headaches, gagging and vomitting. We started trying the same exact time so I am hoping you catch up soon little cousin! Love you!

Honestly? I am happy but seriously? WTF? I need patience man big time because this is beyond difficult now....

:hugs:
Oh Jchic, I feel your pain sister. That is simply awful and sounds a little insensitive to be honest. People who haven't had to 'try' really don't understand what this is like...
Having that 'what if never' hanging over me is terrifying!

Lots of love to you,
we'll do this together. BFP's here we come!:flower:

PS: thanks! I will get them after work today. And when should I pee? First morning pee too? :coffee:

Hugs hopeful! We will get through this...positive thoughts, positive energy!
Hmmm, I would test either in the AM or early afternoon....I think with opks (not the cbfm kind) its ok to use in am or pm :)

My fingers are crossed tightly for you! I think some clomid might straighten you right out :) xx

aww jchic...I'm so sorry hun!! People all around me are popping up prego too, its heart breaking when you've been ttc for a long time :hugs: We are going to get ours!!!!!!! THIS MONTH!!!!

Yes get on those opks hopeful!! I ordered some on amazon, best place to get them I got 40 opks and 10hpt for $10!!!!! Though it will take awhile to get to you, you'll need to start peeing now so stop and pick up some dollar store ones to hold you over in the meantime :D

Thanks my ladies!
You are the best!
I just ate pizza... I'm an emotional eater... whoops! :wacko:

Ugh, Jchic, that email is horrible. Mainly that last part, with "we started trying at the same time- catch up little cousin!" Barf.

UGHH!!!

Afm, had a mini melt down earlier. Called my doctors office to see about coming in for a beta. At first the nurse didn't want to let me until Sunday, at 16 dpo. When I explained how hard it is for me to come into the city on the weekend, she suggested I wait until Monday! :hissy: she also suggested I take a hpt on Sunday. In either scenario I'm supposed to keep taking the progesterone. This is making me crazy. I just KNOW I'm not pregnant. My chart this month is just like every other month. I'm bfn central over here. I know there are just covering their asses from potential liability issues, but I can't believe they make you wait 16 days for a blood test - that seems crazy long.

One thing is for sure - unless my doc thinks I need to take the progesterone, I'm not doing this again. If AF is coming, let the :witch: come.

Also, I feel like I only ever talk to the nurses. I have questions I'd like to ask the doctor, but it seems like I can't ever talk directly to him, unless I make an office appointment.

AND, I discovered that monitoring hours are always from 7-8:30 in the morning - which just sucks for me, because I commute over an hour to get there, and will have to get up before 6 am. I am not a morning person. I also work later hours, usually 10:30 or 11:30 until 6:30 or 7:30. I often don't get home at night until after 8 pm. Up to this point, the have let me come in any time before noon. But the nurse I spoke to today was super strict about it! Ugh. I'm really starting to feel like this place is a factory, and I'm not getting a whole lot of individualized care. I tried explaining about my chart and my pattern, but the nurse was like, "there, there. Next cycle you'll be monitored with ultrasounds which will be able to pinpoint ovulation more accurately than charting". I definitely got the impression they think charting is stupid. I also asked if they would to an ultrasound after (presumed) ovulation, to confirm the eggs have actually been released, and she said no. Well I want one done!! If I'm going to go through several cycles of iui, I want to know for sure that the eggs are being released.

I'm just so annoyed right now.

Daisy, that sounds like CRAP to me! Sheesh, don't these people know how hard this is for us? We are not numbers... we are people! :growlmad:
I would go to the doctor when you do and explain (as calmly as you can) your frustrations with the system and your anxieties as you put your future in their hands. Be honest and... I know this sounds ridiculous... if you need to cry in front of them. Do it. They should know that the way you are treated affects your heart and your stress levels! :cry:

Anyway, I totally sympathize with you hun.
I wish we were all closer to each other, we could drink tea and moan together

:friends:

Love,
Hopeful

Thanks Hopeful. :friends:

Exactly - I think the "know" how hard it is - I can sense the pretend sympathy in all of their voices, but honestly it feels insincere - I'm sure that dealing with us desperate hysterical women all day every day is somewhat desensitizing.

And it's so true - having to come into the office when it is terribly inconvenient for me is NOT patient friendly and is adding more stress (and hours) to my already terribly exhausting and stressful day!

Oh and if I cry in front of this doctor he's going to send me to the shrink. During our initial consultation with him, when he found out how much research I've done on my own on TTC, he suggested I might visit their staff psychologist. PLEASE. I just want to understand the issues that may be affecting my fertility - I think that's natural.

He said what Daisy!? :saywhat: I can't believe your doctor would say that! I agree with what hopeful has said though - but I'd be a bit more demanding & forceful! Hope you get it sorted and get the care that you want AND need :hugs:

Hopeful - LH is said to be at its highest in the early afternoon, around 2pm :thumbup: that's usually when I test anyway.

AFM, AF is slowly on her way out. I'm ready to start all over again, just hoping that the soy has had a positive effect. I really, really want to O before CD31! I had my second lot of bloods taken yesterday (CD3 testing) and shall ring my GP tomorrow to see if the results are back. FX'd it's not bad news x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->