CBFM Buddy

I know it might not help/apply but I read a tip somewhere that when you're TTC, take it each day at a time and allow yourself to react privately to the news however you feel - don't punish yourself or tell yourself that you're a bad person for not being overjoyed - own how you feel and wait until a better/more positive day to congratulate a friend, buy a baby shower gift, visit a new baby on your terms, when it comes from the best place in your heart. Be kind to yourself and give the people in your life a chance to be understanding and supportive :)

Hi Ladies,
Just wanted to pop in and tell you all that IT WILL HAPPEN!! No matter how long it takes. It's perfectly natural to feel resentment and bitterness - even towards your closest friends when they get something you so badly want. It's still so weird to be "on the other side" for once. I still feel the pain and hurt for all of you ladies (and all others) still waiting for your BFP. I guess getting my BFP after 3 years of wanting it so badly, still hasn't sunk in and I'm so used to be on the envious side. I firmly believe in the CBFM - though I think the HSG was what really made it happen. You girls are doing all of the right things to get where you want to be - and where you will be SOON!!!!

Jchic - Your new insurance sounds AMAZING!!! Congrats!!

A quick update on me - I had my first ultrasound today!! Everything looked great. Baby is in the right place, strong heartbeat of 148 and measuring 7 weeks 4 days - 13mm from crown to rump. My estimated due date is October 13th!!
I meet with the midwife next Wednesday, not sure if they will do another scan, if not my next scan is at 12 weeks. I also ordered a doppler, so that we can hear the heartbeat at home.

Attachments

• Noname.jpg
    Noname.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
Thanks Smythdom,
You are all right :) I know that this too shall pass.
Meanwhile, I have no idea where I am in my cycle, I may be waiting for late ovulation and I may be in the 2ww... Either way this is how I am feeling.
* Really light but noticeable cramps -like light AF cramps
*Have had one MASSIVE headache a few days ago (Sunday) and a light one yesterday
*Water retention (my wedding ring is killing me!)
*Constant light nausea

Also, to add insult to injury I weighed myself :help: (don't own a scale but at a friends house hopped on theirs while in the bathroom). In the 4 years I have been married I have piled on 8kg's!!! I now weigh 65kg's! :pizza: I am shocked and not happy with myself. Have no idea where to start to lose it. And how to lose weight safely while TTC.
I am committing to: No more sugar in my coffee, and no chips or treats Mon-Fri... URGH!

I am on CD 36 and will test in a week if no AF...

Mrs Dutch, I didn't know you were TTC for that long. I am super inspired to keep up hope! :yellow:

love y'all
hopeful

Morning ladies cd9 and still low, getting bored now! ;)

I have two questions
1: are these little sticks basically the same as the cheapie ones off eBay?
2: has anyone used softcups? I've never heard of them until yesterday and thought I might give them a go :) x

Mrs Dutch - I love that pic! So glad you popped in to say hi to us. Your ttc journey is inspiring and provides us ALL with hope. I bet you would do those 3 years all over again for a BFP so it makes me feel like once we are on the other side of things we will gladly go through the journey tenfold to have a little bean to care for. So happy that you had your u/s :) xx

Smyth - I love those words, now tell me how to follow them!!!
TTC - ugh losing weight sucks, I know! I know exercise always helped me and made me feel good! just moving more I think helps :)

Daisy, Creative - how are you all today?

Dutch! Congratulations on the bean, and thank you for the encouraging words.

Hopeful, I hope you are in the 2ww. What is your cm like?

Chicky, I use softcups sometimes (less mess after dtd because it doesn't all fall out straight away) but they have obviously not helped me get pregnant. I've heard some other women report succes by putting the ejaculate in the cup (donor sperm) or having dh ejaculate into the softcup, and then inserting it. I don't understand what you are asking about the sticks. What sticks? The CBFM ones? They are totally different from the IC opks - and they cost a lot more.

afm, doing fine just tired. Tired tired tired. This weather doesn't help. Second dose of Clomid done. Going to acupuncture tonight. Yay!

I am not reading the internet anymore. I swear, I will not do it. So Vaness Minillo and Nick Lachey are prego and so is Snooki. WTH

yes. The walking STD of NJ is now with child. If anyone should be BARREN it should be her, ha!

So, thought I'd let you guys know whats going on, today I got my blue folder it seems real! Its not the scan, but its a step toward it

I was weighed, to my relief I haven't put on any weight since Sept (the last time I was weighed at docs) even though it feel like I have... I think I need new batteries in my scales as they are over-weighing me loads compared to the doctors ones! I'm going to believe theirs are correct

I have opted in for all the blood checks, the abnormality scan and downs testing. I just don't see why not to do it if the technology is there. I was so emotional whilst she explained the chances of things going wrong, that I cried but its just a massive wave of reality and it scared me. She remembered my sister from her loss at 21 weeks and the Spinal Dysplacia, so she completely understood.

I have to see the obstetrician sometime, but the midwife reckons I will only have to see them once to be dismissed back to the midwife, I can't remember why? I think its my weight.

Can't wait for my letter with my scan date now! Eeeek

Dutch! Congratulations on the bean, and thank you for the encouraging words.

Hopeful, I hope you are in the 2ww. What is your cm like?

Chicky, I use softcups sometimes (less mess after dtd because it doesn't all fall out straight away) but they have obviously not helped me get pregnant. I've heard some other women report succes by putting the ejaculate in the cup (donor sperm) or having dh ejaculate into the softcup, and then inserting it. I don't understand what you are asking about the sticks. What sticks? The CBFM ones? They are totally different from the IC opks - and they cost a lot more.

afm, doing fine just tired. Tired tired tired. This weather doesn't help. Second dose of Clomid done. Going to acupuncture tonight. Yay!

hiya yep meant the clearblue ones, having a chat with hubby this morning and he said "so basically they are the same as the cheapie ones you normally get!" just wondering if they are? x

I will catch up properly tonight, DH is working from home because of the storm and he has to use his computer and since mine bit the big one about a month ago I have none :( Anyways...I drank my GFJ this morning and about and hour or 2 later I got ewcm :saywhat: So freaking out I did an OPK and it was negative but darker than normal so wondering if I might o early this cycle??? I also have more LH in my system in the begining and so my sticks start out dark and fade to light then go dark again so it might be that too but sooo weird to have ewcm on CD9 :wacko: Keeping an eye on things! Also my sex drive was high this morning, which is odd for me, as I don't have much of one :blush: But I also did have a sex dream before waking (about an ex! Yikes! Do not know why!!) so could be that too :haha: Will catch up properly later!

Hi! :wave:
I have been reading through (some, there are alotttt of pages lol) the thread and was wondering if you guys would mind if i join? I just started using the CBFM this cycle, DH and I have been trying since October to conceive with IC, but we didnt have any luck there

I did get the monitor second hand, so im wondering if that might be why it is giving me all highs from CD 7 onward (lows during AF and the one day after, then boom, to high) No peak yet, but ive been double checking with the ICs and havent had a positive there either (on CD 15 today, so maybe the egg is taking its time this month)

Looking forward to seeing BFPs for everyone here :flower:

Welcome Melly! I think if it's a second hand monitor you have to reset it somehow, not sure how (maybe take out the batteries??).

Chicky - CBFM sticks are different. The detect both the estrogen surge and the LH surge. There is a lot if info on how it works on the CBFM website.

Creative, awesome you are seeing EWCM already! Fx for an early O. Ex-sex dreams are hot. Terrible but true! Probably because it's all so wrong! :haha:

And :hi: mrs b!!! Don't fret about your bean. Healthy and normal until proven otherwise. Xxoo

Welcome Melly! I think if it's a second hand monitor you have to reset it somehow, not sure how (maybe take out the batteries??).

Chicky - CBFM sticks are different. The detect both the estrogen surge and the LH surge. There is a lot if info on how it works on the CBFM website.

Creative, awesome you are seeing EWCM already! Fx for an early O. Ex-sex dreams are hot. Terrible but true! Probably because it's all so wrong! :haha:

Yeah i did reset it (its like, holding buttons and putting a blank stick in so that it sets to cd1 or something like that) , so maybe it is just "getting to know me" for this cycle
:wacko:

Yeah i did reset it (its like, holding buttons and putting a blank stick in so that it sets to cd1 or something like that) , so maybe it is just "getting to know me" for this cycle
:wacko:

welcome melly! this is my first month too and yes its probably just getting to know you, lots of lovely ladies on here have had the same thing happen, and from what ive read some have had highs, no peaks or lows and still got :bfp:
:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"