CBFM Buddy

nessaw, I am so sorry about your mc, heart-breaking to read about it. really hope you will get lucky with CBFM soon

afm, my Chinese treatment seems to be working as my O was on Cd13/14, really pleased.

Thanks briss. It's been pretty awful to say the least. Completely terrified to be back ttc but got to be done (in a truly romantic fashion of course!)

welcome neesaw, :hugs: for mc

well, had full blood count done last week, and progesterone cd21 test(done on cd24) as irregular cycles,, i got the results today,

well i am not ovulating :cry:
so she is referring me to fertility clinic, hopefully wont take long!

as for the blood count, its come back as my platelets are low so in for another test in a few weeks, i typed it in to google (my fav thing to do lol) and the first thing on the list was low platelets in pregnancy

everything i have got seems to lead to pregnancy, but tests still come back negative and they won't do a scan, but am hoping the MRI will pick something up but not holding my breath lol

sciatica, headaches, low platelets and no ovulation !! go figure lol

hows everyone else, its very quiet in here x

Hey pixie!

I had low platelets throughout my pregnancy and we assume before I even conceived but obv had no idea. I think during pregnancy it's not all that uncommon and as I never knew or had any effects from it prior who knows :shrug: I wonder if it has something to do with the lack of ovulation?

Hope that appointment comes back for you soon Hun, I think we were offered something within 3 months which seems an age away I know but it went super fast, I'm sure I read somewhere the nhs has an obligation to see to you within an 18 week timeframe, not sure how realistic that actually is. But good luck!

Welcome back neesaw, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :hugs:

Briss great to hear the Chinese meds are helping you again! :hugs:

Pixie, From what I know low platelets count means if you bleed it wont stop that easily as for most people. Do you ever notice that if you scratch yourself you cant stop the bleeding? I am sorry I do not really know much more on platelets and how they are in pregnancy.

I am sorry your progesterone confirmed that you are not ovulating. It angers me that they could not confirm such a simple thing before. Why do you need MRI? I think a simple scan can show if you have follicles, dominant follicle before O and the ovulating follicle (yellow body) after O. What are they hoping to see on MRI?

No briss but my last 4 periods have gone like this 3/4 days first 2 then the last 2 have only been 2 days long

And thanks to the new doctors out of London am finally getting somewhere :)

MRI scan is for my sciatica to see if anything is disturbing the nerve at the lower back before they start pysio ( unsure of spelling ) lol got letter this morning my appointment is on 7th June :)

that's what I understand it to mean too briss, I must admit I do bleed a lot if I cut myself etc, and had to take meds after giving birth to help with the clotting, ill have to see if I still have notes somewhere, maybe in preggo journal but im sure the level should've been in the 30's and mine was about 4! :haha:

Hi ladies,

I'm going through all the rounds at the fertility clinic too right now. Just doing the investigative cycle. Tomorrow is the sono.

Pixie hopefully they can come up with a plan for you that'll get you pregnant quick.

hey lynny,

just a few quick questions :)

how long from doctors referral did you get an appointment?

what are the stages they go through before sono?

and what are they looking for on sono?

and keep us updated :)

and do you need to be trying to conceive, when they do tests?
as i dont currently have a donor and haven't been looking atm as i was convinced there was something wrong :( its just docs in London wouldn't do nothing! and no point wasting money on hotels, travel etc. if its not going to work.

Hi Pixie! So basically for me I lost in Dec. 2012. So in July 2013 I saw my doctor because I was worried some of my cycles were long. She told me to start using opk's and if that didn't work come back. I did and realized I was missing my fertile window. So I gave it 6 months using opk's and nothing so I went back to her. That's when she sent me to the fertility clinic. It took almost 3 months for my first appointment at the fertility clinic. The one I'm at though is run by one doctor and he has 3 locations. I think if I was right in Toronto it wouldn't have taken so long.

So I saw him on my first appointment and he ordered all the tests for my investigative cycle which is right now. That included the sono. So on the first day of my period I emailed them and they got me in on day 3 where they did blood work and ultrasound. Today was my second appointment (day10) and they did blood and another ultrasound plus the sono. The sono came up normal. Uteris looks good and no blockages in my tubes. With the sono they're looking for fibroids or any abnormalities in the uteris. Follies are still small but that's typical since I usually ovulate around day 18. I go back on tuesday for more cycle monitoring. I brought my hubby today too and he provided his sample and he had blood done as well.

I don't think I'll find out the results for all this until July 8 which is the earliest we could get the appointment with the doctor to go over the results and plan of action.
I'm wondering if I'm going to come up with pcos or cycts since that runs in my family and like you I get cycts in my breasts. I'm not sure if you need to be actively trying to concieve. I think it's implied but no one has actually asked me if I am. They're doing the monitoring so the nurse told me not to bother with the cbfm.

Hope everyone else is doing well! Briss- are you going for acupunture? I've been debating it!

Hey pixie.

I went to the dr in the jan (2012) explained I'd been ttc so long, did opk's, temping etc, she told me it was all a load of rubbish, stop doing everything and come back in a couple of months if dtd every other day didn't get me up the duff so to speak.

Feb 2012 went back to dr with hubby, I don't know how it works your end but she would not see me for anything ttc related if hubby wasn't there, obv in your situation it's different. Had cd3 and 21 bloods done that cycle.

April (I think) dh had his sa

May were results

August ha a letter of referral to the fertility doc for further investigations, these would be limited because hubby has two dd already. The appointment was for dec

Fell in the sept so never made it, quite a wait thou. Might be worth looking into your local pct to see what their time frames for referral and actual appoinents are xxx

Actually Pixie now that I think about it the nurse did mention that the doctor probably wouldn't meet with me to discuss my results until my hubby went through his side of the testing. You're situation is different though so I'm sure they'd take that into consideration.

well went in for second blood test for low platelets, so just habe to wait for results now hopefully by the end of next week,

MRI scan on 7th June,

will keep updated :)

Wow very very quiet in here lol

Well I have progressed well in my venture, I have seen the fertility nurse, and done another progesterone test on cd23 awaiting results,

Gotta have clymidia test (formality) in order to have my tubes checked by a dye and x ray, then a pelvic scan for the rest of it, then on day 2-5 she wants me to have a rubella titre, fish/lh and testosterone as she suspects pcos,

If it's confirmed to be pcos then she wants to put me on metformin, to try and help but I asked if I could have clomid to carry on trying at home, she will check for me,

She also said that we could get help on the nhs too but only if we have been to clinic and still can't get pregnant but that will cost 2 grand a time for iui or 4 grand for ivf, but if we choose ivf option then I would egg share cuts down the cost dramatically but really would like to donate, as we would be using donor sperm.

How's everyone else? Any bfps yet? Briss? Chicky? Lynny?

we are also making some progress, done all tests at the clinic and the good news we got the NHS funding for our stim IVF!!! I got all the meds (absolutely enormous bag!) and started down reg today. it's still a long way to go and my stats are not promising but there seems to be no other way cos DH's sperm is just not improving. hoping and praying as always :)

Pixie, I hope it's not PCOS but I know some ladies got really good results with metformin. Let us know when you get your results. it's great that they are finally doing proper tests.

Pixie I'm glad to see you're seeing progression and getting some answers! Like Briss I hear a lot of women who have great success on metformin. Hopefully you'll be a success story!

Briss I have everything crossed for you!! That's so great you're moving ahead!

Afm, I had some luck then not so much luck. I got a bfp in June but I miscarried 2 weeks ago at 9 weeks. It was a blighted ovum. Nothing grew in the sack and measured 6 weeks. Pretty disappointing but nothing you can do except move on and try again.

June was also my testing stage at the fertility clinic and they found that I have an arcuate uturus- which instead of being triangular is a bit heart shaped. The doctor says it's an easy fix. He said that because of the dip on the one part of my uturus an embryo may have a harder time implanting. So that could be the reason it took so long to get pregnant. Hopefully we can get that fixed and move on to have a successful pregnancy. I haven't heard from the clinic though since my mc so I'm not sure when that'll happen.

aww lynny, so sorry to hear bout mc, you know what they say, third time lucky, hopefully that will be true for you

Briss thats great news bout nhs funding,

we will be hoping to go to a clinic too now once we find out results of tests, not sure how we would afford it though would probably by via a loan :( then if it dont work,i think its within 6 cycles then we would too, be able to apply for nhs funding even though we are not doing it the conventional way, which is also good,
just keep us updated :)

:hugs: to all x

Thanks Pixie! I think we're all due for a successful pregnancy soon! Look's like we are well on the road towards one!

Lynny I'm so sorry to hear about your mc :cry:

Briss and pixie so happy to hear things are moving forward! I cannot wait to see your bfps! :happydance: please keep us posted x

Well all my tests are done now but phoned for results and silly woman gone on hols until 2nd September and no one else can give results out :-( will be cd 20 by then so ready for the next testing stage lol not looking forward to have x ray either :-( but whats got to be done has to be done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->