CBFM Buddy

Hi pixie. There are different measurements from what I can gather area to area. Possibly the one you've been measured on anything from 8-10 is considered normal. There are two different scales I believe and they are completely different! So it may be worth giving your gp a call and seeing which method try used. As it is if it's the same as I was measured on then 9.6 would be great! Also that number can vary drastically from cycle to cycle. Il have a look too and see what my old results were :hugs:

So do you think they would give clomid to regulate my ov when I find a new donor? B/c atm I am not sure when I ov until I ov b/c my cycles varying from 26 to 34 days! I think it might be b/c I have put my weight back on as they did regulate 28-30 days when I went down to 10-12 but now am back upto 12-14 maybe that messes my cycles up

When I move at the end of the month I will be looking for a donor closer to home so I could possibly get sperm 1 - 2 times a week from when period stops I might even offer money to do it that often and maybe every other day in fertile week, just to make sure I catch ovulation :happydance:

Gonna try grapefruit juice, decaf tea (not sure if I can) lol, drink a glass or 2 of water a day eat eggs and oily fishes nearly everyday (as I don't eat red meat) going on to brown bread and also going to eat a bowl of cereal every day with milk :( although I have a mild milk intolerance and goes straight through me, I have less then a teaspoon of milk in my tea lol

Any other ideas would much appreciated as I can't take tablets either so have to find vitamins in foods instead :)

To be honest I think they only prescribe clomid if you aren't ovulating or have very irregular periods? Or if your bloods show no ovulation. I'd look into the pct for your area to see what you need to qualify before your next appointment. Or failing that mrsb used clomid so she may have a better idea! X

Pixie, I checked my notes and on that scale progesterone must be above 20 nmol/L to confirm ovulation. As Chicky said you may have a different scale so best to check with your GP.

Where is everyone?
How's everyone getting on?

Afm just waiting for my appointment with fertility doc on 20th but not sure if they will do anything as defo moving on 31st now picking up the keys on 19th

Hi ladies,

Another failed cycle. Boo. On to cycle 8. I did get a call from the fertility clinic though so hopefully I can get an appointment soon and find out what is going on. Hope all you ladies are doing well!

hey girls

well see the fertility doc today and she wanted to do further testing as my progesterone was low, so it must have been done on a larger scale :( but she also said that the nurse i normally see shouldnt have said to go on CD21 but should have gone on CD28 as my cycles vary between 28-35 days, and she said it was worrying that i only bled for 4 days with no clots, rather then my full heavy 7 days, and she also wanted to refer me to a gynecologist too but didnt (will explain at bottom)

and i have small lumps in my right breast, she said it feels like it could be a cysts and wanted to refer me to the breast clinic just to make sure

but the problem is I am moving on the 30th march to a completely different area, so i will have start all over again with new docs, hopefully they will be able to get my medical notes from old docs but i will keep you's posted anyway

thats me, how is everyone else getting on?
its awfully quiet in here

:dust:

Hi ladies, how is it going? I finally got my initial IVF appointment scheduled for mid May. ages!! still not sure if I get the funding but I guess we will have go ahead anyway even if we have to pay ourselves, I am approaching 38… so depressing we started TTC when I was still 34

Ah Briss hugs to you. Hopefully you'll get your bundle of joy soon. Maybe with the next ivf!

Pixie- glad to hear you're making headway and hopefully with the move you'll find new docs who'll lead you to a bfp.

I'm on day 19 still waiting to O. The lh lines on my sticks got pretty dark on the weekend so I was surprised I didn't get a peak then but then the lh line started to get lighter. I did an opk yesterday and only a faint second line. Today's lh line on the monitor stick started to get a little darker again. I'm guessing I geared up to O then didn't but I think I'm gearing up again.

Also, have an appointment at fertility clinic booked for May. Can't believe it's a 2 month wait! I am afraid to go. I never thought I'd be even willing to take it to the next level but here I am. I'm not sure I want to know if something's wrong. I just want to get drunk, have sex and have a baby lol.

chicky, I've just noticed in your signature that you had a mc. I am so very sorry! so heart-breaking! but just to try and find some positives, you did manage to get pregnant without trying so it can happen again

chicky, I've just noticed in your signature that you had a mc. I am so very sorry! so heart-breaking! but just to try and find some positives, you did manage to get pregnant without trying so it can happen again

Thanks briss :hugs: it wasn't pleasant at the time but now I'm ok with it all. It obv wasn't meant to be, mother natures way, and I had a feeling that something wasn't right from the get go, I said it over and over. It wasn't planned at all! I had planned going on bc as soon as we moved not realising I was already pregnant! I had the coil fitted this week so all I'm planning is giving my body a break :thumbup:
May might seem a lon way off Hun but it'll just fly by! I hope and pray it'll be a successful cycle for you, and who knows maybe a sneaky accident will happen in the mean time! Remember I fell when I ha my appointment and basically have up until then? In my case it was different I know, we just dtd for fun instead of for a purpose and bam. Miracles do happen briss! My little terror is proof :haha: speaking of which, judging on the noises he's wedged himself somewhere! I'm off to retrieve my ticking time bomb x

hey girls

thought i would update you as now settled in our new home miles away from our old one lol
been doctors for registration and got an appointment for 22nd to see new doc (not nurse) hopefully she will give me that bit of paper saying i can go hosp for cd21 progesterone test (not sure how it works up here)

got a pelvic scan booked for early may (privately) costing £99 not bad i think, it will cover ovaries, tubes, uterus and lining of the womb, :happydance:
so hopefully will get some happy news and will find a donor as still no donor found either but there is not many where i am so might have to travel again which is harder then london

hows everyone else?

chicky, it's a good idea to give your body a little break before trying again. still, it’s very positive that your body is trying to get pregnant and doing what it's supposed to. maybe something changed after the pregnancy and your body became more fertile.

Pixie, great that you settled in your new home! you've been busy getting the new doc on board. any news on the donor?

afm, just going through the motions as usual, disappointment after disappointment, nothing is getting better but plenty is getting worse. out of the blue started getting pre AF spotting! WTF?? got back to Chinese medicine cos it's the only thing that at least is promising to reduce my FSH. western medicine just gives up on women like me. maybe if I can get it down we can get a stim IVF paid by the NHS. if that fails I am considering going to Germany for IVF, it's so much cheaper over there even with the flights/hotels etc.

ladies, does anyone know what your estrogen levels should be for CBFM to give you a HIGH? I am trying to find this info but there is just general explanation that CBFM tracks two hormones so you get high HIGH when your estrogen level goes up and you get PEAk when your LH surges but no one seem to know the actual numbers.

Lol briss, I ain't got that far with docs as of yet as I missed my appointment, it was booked 3 weeks ahead so completely forgot the day but I will phone up in the morning for a same day appointment, and I have had to delay my scan for bout a week as I had a 42 day cycle but I think that's b/c of the move

Briss I have no idea :shrug: I pretty sure the sticks are 10miu. Not that that's what you're asking but my guess is lh would need to be over that amount to get your peak? I did have a quick peek but didn't find much, I'm gonna have a good google and will report back later :thumbup:

well, been doctors today about 3 things,

sciatica, she sending me for an MRI scan to see if anything causing it, which i was begging my doctor for in London instead of just giving me cocodemal all the time,

lump in breast, she said its nothing to worry about, feels like cysts, just referring me to breast clinic to check it out,

conceiving, i explained that my last cycle was 42 days and only had 2 day period and she said i didn't ovulate then, so i said that i had progesterone cd21 test come back 9.6 and she said i probably didn't ovulate then either, so worrying times ahead now, but she said they wont do nothing yet until my back scan, b/c they cant do scan if i am pregnant
so therefore no point looking for donor and wasting money on hotels until scan now :(

so just have to play the waiting game now, hopefully wont be too long though.

Pixie, it's good that finally somebody is looking into these things properly! hopefully you wont have to wait that long and things improve.

Pixie glad to hear your starting to get some answers. Keep us updated.

Briss how are things with you? Any news on the Germany front?

Chicky hopefully you're doing well!

I'm still plugging away. Using opk's this month since the monitors batteries ran out and it screwed up my times. I have my first appointment at the fertility clinic next week. So I guess we'll see!

Lynny, sorry CBFM let you down. My DH is reluctant to consider Germany until we exhausted the UK. The NHS is considering our case and if IVF is the right option for us so I now have to do all the tests all over again so they could confirm reserve status and make a decision. very depressing

I wonder if I can somehow cheat my FSH/AMH?

Hi ladies do you mind if I rejoin? I was on this thread last year. We got pg but lost our twins this February. Had a couple of months ntnp and got out the cbfm again this month. Cd 7 amd 2 lows. Was on clomid over a yr ago which pushed ov back to cd12 so hoping that is still the case and the mc hasn't messed that up. Good luck.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->