CBFM Buddy

Hi ladies!
I am on day 28 of my first cycle of CBFM. I have a 32-42 day cycle though :wacko:
Is there anyone out there who wants to pair up with me to walk this journey with? I have been TTC for a year now, but am hopeful with my new monitor! :thumbup:

The first cycle (for newbies to CBFM) is a little crazy (or was for me). Lows all the way, two highs (right where I thought I was going to o) and then a flashing 'm' WAYYYYY too early! So my 'm' will flash until around 4th Jan where I expect AF.

Who's with me?
Love,
hopefulhoney

Welcome to our thread hopeful! This is a great site, and this thread in particular is just wonderful. I'm on cd 2 currently, and in my third cycle with CBFM, my sixth overall. There are number of ladies with long cycles here. Mrs B used to, but now shes on Clomid and we are confident that bfp is right around the corner. Happy is also new, and used to have long cycles, but it sounds like she ovulated early this month.

So hopeful, did you ever see a peak? And are you charting? Or taking anything else to help? I'm a walking pharmacopeia myself!

Good luck to you, and welcome!

Hello hopeful.

My first ever month with cbfm it was totally mental.it flashed m for the Weeks!!

Keep your sticks if you can them you can see when you peak and know what it looks like.my peak stick was super obvious.

Good luck I hope this is your month x

PS I also found this month if I spotted drinking a couple of hours before bed it made fmu super concentrated and it worked better x

Ladies does the first cycle using the CBFM always only ask for 10 test sticks? Mine has and I'm worried it's missed my O day :(

Ladies does the first cycle using the CBFM always only ask for 10 test sticks? Mine has and I'm worried it's missed my O day :(

Did you get a peak hun? It asks in increments of 10, so if it got your 1st peak within those 10 sticks it wouldn't ask for more. If it didn't it will ask for a total of 20 sticks.

Did you get a peak hun? It asks in increments of 10, so if it got your 1st peak within those 10 sticks it wouldn't ask for more. If it didn't it will ask for a total of 20 sticks.

I did :( but I definitely didn't O, think my body geared up to do it but didn't (same happened to me on my last cycle, I think, through using the CB digital OPKs).

Arghhhh :wacko: it's going to have my cycle recorded all wrong.

Thanks ladies :)
I lost this link all day and was just DYING to see if you replied. I did not get a peak at all -just three days of high -the first two coincided with pain/discomfort in my left ovary. I was and am SO hopeful we caught the big O by chance... I was waiting for the peak that never came.

I am not on anything yet. My doc has been monitoring me for months and I had a freak 52 day cycle just before this one (Oh the agony! I just wanted AF to I could start my CBFM)!! I am thinking he'll want to start me on clomid if I dont get my BFP after my second cycle on CBFM. My progestrone test the day before AF on that 52 days cycle was negative... no ovulating. So CBFM should show me whats going on... I have never had much CM so I can't really do that.

DH is amazing and supportive but does not seem to know the PANIC when you have no BFP after a year! 2012 =the year of miracles?

I am blessed to have met you and have someone to share this journey with...
x
PS: Do those highs REALLY mean a change in hormones? Could that mean I am o'ing?

Thanks happy, it's comforting to know you also had that flashing m for ages... I was SO frustrated as I could only ovulate after it's decided I should have AF. Let's hope next cycle it knows whats going on!

PS: That tip about fmu SO helpful! I've been drinking water before bed fearing I'll have nothing to squeeze out in the morning.
PPS: I also want you all to know, you are officially prayed for. This is OUR year :)

Hopeful, the high reading is when the CBFM detects the estrogen surge that happens before the LH surge. The LH surge usually predicts ovulation, but not always. If you didn't get a peak, it could be that you just happen to miss it (the surge started after you tested and ended before you tested the next day), or it could be that you didn't surge yet... This whole thing can be quite frustrating, as you can ovulate without getting a LH surge or peak, you can get a peak and not actually ovulate. Arghh! At least the monitor provides more info to work with.

oh my! that's not good :( i totally thought i might have ovulated...
I'm kinda scared of going on clomid... birthcontrol is what has messed me up to this point, so taking more pills freaks me out a little. Is there anyone here who has been on clomid or is thinking about it?

But I guess I still might have o'd and did BD somewhere around those three days so let's hope! I am trying to wrap my head around NOT PANICKING until two cycles on my CBFM are complete, and then going to the doctor again.

LOVE!
hopeful

Ladies I need to admit I support of evaded the truth yesterday.i'm very very superstitious and on cd9 I had a positive wondflo. Yesterday I had three more positive wondflo and a positive super drug test.

This morning it was backed up with a positive cb which started I am 1-2 Weeks pregnant.

I am very very pleased but unbelievably nervous as I am only cd 11.

I rang the doctors who state I can't go in until at least my period is late and I am very scared of a chemical.

Will post some photos now.I amso nervous x x

Photos of todays two tests at the bottom and yesterdays
at the top x

Attachments

• 20111228_082847.jpg
    20111228_082847.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 5
Hello Ladies,

Hope you all had a lovley chirstmas. Our Christmas was good, we arrived home last night after visiting the in-laws, and all the traffic that we missed travelling down arrived in force on the way home and a four and a half hour journey took 7 hours. needless to say we were shattered last night.

Welcome Hopeful to the thread. I have long cycles, varying from 35 days to roughly 42.... the cbfm has helped, apart from this month where it gave me no peak

Massive congratulations to happy :happydance:

wow Jchic, a deposit on a new place - how exciting :happydance: - oddly enough myself and Dh were talking about buying houses over xmas, but we have decided to stick where we are for now (we rent from his parents and its a nice family home in nice area!) i would still like to go house hunting just for fun though :winkwink:

I am sorry to hear that :af: caught some of you :cry: i am expecting it too myself soon - it is difficult to judge because i did not get a peak, but i am taking day 1 as the first low i got after the highs and my last LP was 15 days so that would make :af: due friday. I try not to symptom spot really, i had tingly boobs the other day (and one bled slightly (nipple that is) but i think i may have caught it awkwadly), not sore boobs now - the smell of tea made me feel sick yesterday - but then again i had eaten lots for brekafast and was maybe too full. I have been grumpy but that could be down to being away from my family over christmas and tired from the journey. i don't think i am pregnant.

January 1st will be a year since i took the last pill, how i hoped i would have had a bfp by now. I guess i am going to have to build up courage to see the dr in the new year.

Have a lovely day ladies.

Dawn

Morning Ladies,

Welcome Hopefulhoney, Firstly is there a reason your getting put on clomid, ie PCOS or is it purely to shorten your cycles, The reason I ask is us ladies with PCOS have high hormone levels which play havoc with the monitor, I constantly had high readings and never got a peak (but I'm not ovulating either so they say). I am on my first cycle with Clomid, so yes I have taken it, but I am yet to see a cycle through.

:happydance: Yay congratulations Happy, hope its a sticky one xx

Good luck with getting the courage to see the doctor Dawn, I found it such a relief after a year to know that I wasn't going mad and to have help :thumbup:

Dawn Louise- those were my symptoms...weirdly my nipples were dead itchy.I knew that was not normal but then again I had read it on a symptom website so thought I made it up.

I'm not even on cloud nine at the moment. The odds are still stacked against me so I will just keep p praying.

X x

First and Foremost - CONGRATS HAPPY!!!! You are our FIRST EVER BFP on this thread! WOOHOO! I hope you injected some of that baby dust into this thread. Enjoy the moment and dont worry too much. When is your period due so you can go to the doc?

Hopeful - welcome to our little thread! We LOVE the CBFM and honestly, if you have any questions about vitamins, ask Daisy, she literally is our resident pharmacist. I am hear strictly for comical relief!

Dawn - I hope you had a great Christmas! Remember, everyone's journey is different, so if you need to go to the Doc, GO! I am going on Thursday to just discuss options of IUI myself. I am sure once you make the appt you will have some relief

Cre8tiv - How was Christmas with the kids? Did they LOVE what Santa brought them?

Happy! Congratulations! Such great news! Did you do anything differently this month? You ovulated super early for you right?? Don't worry too much - doesn't achieve anything positive to worry. And most pregnancies ARE viable, it only seems like so many end up in MC because we are reading about it what seems like all the time here, but I think the statistic is 75% go on to be normal healthy pregnancies, so the odds are in your favor.

Hopeful, don't panic. Like I said, you may have ovulated, but the monitor just didn't pick up your peak. On the Amazon website, there are many testimonials where the women got pregnant with only highs, no peak. So it's definitely possible, but hard to know for sure, unless you are also charting. Charting is so helpful - I really recommend it. AFM, it looks like I am for sure ovulating - I get peaks, and my charts are consistent with ovulation, but now my hypochondriac self is convinced I have LUFS - which is where you *seem* to ovulate and you get a temperature and progesterone rise after "ovulation" like you are supposed to the but the egg is not actually released! I'm going to ask the doc about this when I go.

Dawnlouise, welcome back lady! Sorry to hear you had such a long trip home. You sound a little down. Listen, what will be will be, and I totally get that you don't want to symptom spot or get your hopes up. You'll know soon either way, and if you have to go to the doc, you have to go - and hopefully there will be some easy fix. There is SO much they can do. I've heard so many first try clomid and IUI stories... It will all be OK and you will get that BFP!

How's it going Mrs. B? Creative? Hi Jchic! Sorry if I missed anyone.

Nothing new going on for me. AF is still here, heavier than last month. Counting down the days til my appointment!

Thanks Ladies for your encouragment and support. - I am sure that when i do make that appt for the dr's all will go okay, its just the making it part i struggle with. DH and i keep thinking we will just give it one more month, but one more month necver comes (if you know what i mean) and before you know it another month passes - i just need to be pro-active. A year is not a long time in the grand scheme of things but with my cycles being pretty odd i think the dr's are the next step...... Thing is work do not know we are ttc - they think i had been trying previously for 9 months and then i told them stopped because i was in a new job, but of course we did not stop trying - work not knowing is not a problem yet, but could come one if we need time off for medical appointments etc.... oh well, guess i will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Dawn

Hello all again,

The way our Dr s practice works its I need to take in a urine sample tomorrow and see the mid wife next Wednesday.

After that I won't see her again until week nine. ....

I did lots this month differently.

1.I used cbfm for second month.I ovulated super early on cd eleven.we bd every other day on low days, every day on high and peak and every other on low days for about six days.

2.we used artificial insemination this month as my husbands psoriasis was so bad he couldn't bd.a used a sterile syringe and cup.its not ideal or perfect but needs must.

3.I stuck my bum under a pillow for as long as physically possible after.and just read a book.

4.I took a pre natal every morning and a fish oil and b 50 every tea time with my meal.

5.during the two week wait I had a couple out very small glasses of red wine.very small.

6.after reading up on Chinese medicine I wore socks all the time, even in bed add they believe the feet represent the uterus and cold feet equals a cold uterus.

7.I ate nuts and seeds every day on my breakfast cereal
8.last but not least........ever day twice a day as well as my usual prayers I did a novena, a catholic petition .I prayed to st Gerrard and st Ann the infertiliy saints and a extra prayer twice a day to the virgin Mary.I figure Christmas was the most holy time for births and she would understand.oh and I also Dodd the today regularly

I think the prayer and rosary helped me stay really calm and stopped me stressing out.its still such early days, i'm not worrying about out all going wrong i'm just realistic that its very early days.

c and I have a lot of pains and stomach aches x x

I pray to St Gerard too! My Patron Saint is Saint Jude :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->