CBFM (Clear Blue Fertility Monitor)

Motherofcorgi

Reaction score
Hey Everybody!

I recently read a thread that was almost 300 posts long about the CBFM from 2013 :thumbup: The post seemed to be good luck because by the end of it, the group had 11 BFP's! I thought it might be fun to start another one now in 2017.

I used the CBFM (touch screen) for the first time this month, went straight from low to peak on CD17, BD on my first peak, and am now in the dreaded two week wait. I am currently 6 DPO if I O'd on my second peak (7 DPO if I O'd on my first). Is anybody else using the monitor? Has anybody used it before and been successful?

Hi Motherofcorgi!

What a lovely idea :) So we've been NTNP since June but my OH has finally fully come round to the idea so we are officially TTC - so excited!

I've been using apps on my phone to track temps and dates etc but haven't used CBFM as yet. I think it's something i'll probably look to use now

Will this be your first?

Hi Katie!

Yes we are TTC our first :D We love the CBFM so far—it has been very enlightening! I O’d a whole week later than I thought I had been—no wonder we keep missing the egg! The difference between the monitor and OPK’s is that it detects estrogen levels and LH so it gives you your high days leading up to O as well as your LH surge indicating O. Ironically I just jumped straight to peak this month! It totally caught me off guard lol.

Hopefully this is our month! Are you currently in the TWW? I’m 8DPO currently and want to pee on everything :wacko: trying so hard not to test early!

I'll definitely be investing then, being 32 I don't want to waste any precious time!

Even though we were only NTNP for the past few months I was still so hopeful, symptom spotting all over the place! AF is due in 4 days so I'm ready to start a new cycle properly now :) haha i completely get that, I've told myself I won't test until after AF is due but i know for a fact i won't be able to stick to that

I have my FX for you, the TWW is awful!

I used one for the last couple of months but it was the month that I didn't use it and did use concieve + and only bd once that I got pregnant but both my sil got pregnant the first month they used the monitor

Yes Katie I am the worst symptom spotter so I can totally relate! I think the CBFM is worth the investment—it has given me peace of mind to just know that I’m O’ing and to know how many DPO I actually am. When I didn’t know when I actually O’d I would start testing so early thinking “maybe I O’d on CD 10 and I’m actually far enough along to get a BFP”. Lol I spent soooo much money on tests!

Hi Oliv! That’s funny I’ve heard of that happening before :) there was a lady who posted on the thread from 2013 who got her BFP on a month she wasn’t using her monitor. That’s encouraging to hear about the others that caught the egg their first month of using it! Any chance they had been TTC unsuccessfully before that? I’ve been NTNP for almost a year—I guess I just expected something to happen by now :(

One of my sil it was her first month ttc the second had been trying a while but after tests and an ectopic pregnancy they discovered she had cysts on her ovaries and something like a webbing across the neck of her womb which was blocking the egg but once removed she fell pregnant the first month

That is one thing i worried about, whether i was actually ovulating or not so that's why I started temping. I haven't been doing it long so my app hadn't detected O yet but I got a message today saying i'd input enough data and they've now detected my O day - yipee!! Also, it's a lot later than i expected and we DB'd within the right window now so there's still a chance for me this month - i'm trying not getting my hopes up though

I now need to make sure i keep up with temping every single day, i always forget at the weekend as I lie in longer than in the week, zzzz

Hooray!!! So glad you caught your O Katie! <3 Let the countdown begin! I think I&#8217;m going to test tomorrow because my family is hosting a wine tasting tomorrow night! Just want to see if maybe I shouldn&#8217;t partake :headspin:
It will be 11DPO for me, so still early but I&#8217;ve held out this long! Lol

AF got me yesterday, the cow. Never mind i'm all ready for a new cycle now anyway

Well done for holding out this long so far :)

So did you partake in the wine tasting or did you give in? FX for you!!

Aw sorry she got you Katie! :(
I tested negative yesterday morning and felt extremely sad and down about it because I was so certain it would be a positive. I felt rotten all day yesterday but did participate in the wine tasting lol. We tasted Burgundies <3 Not feeling the best the morning after the tasting even though I wouldn&#8217;t say I overdid it. I&#8217;m hoping that&#8217;s a positive sign but feeling less hopeful after my 11DPO BFN

Hi, just a quick question. When you say you went straight to peak, do you mean you didn't get a flashing smiley face it just went to solid smiley face? I was due to ovulate Friday just gone but have had nothing not evening a flash! Lol. I'm now 14/15 in my cycle and only have a 26ish day cycle so I'm worried I haven't ovulation this month or if I'm still in with a chance an it might go straight to a solid smiley face. I didn't know it could do that x

Hi, just a quick question. When you say you went straight to peak, do you mean you didn't get a flashing smiley face it just went to solid smiley face? I was due to ovulate Friday just gone but have had nothing not evening a flash! Lol. I'm now 14/15 in my cycle and only have a 26ish day cycle so I'm worried I haven't ovulation this month or if I'm still in with a chance an it might go straight to a solid smiley face. I didn't know it could do that x

Hey Jesstula!

That’s exactly what happened—lows until CD17 and then BAM—peak/solid smiley! I’ve ready that it means that your estrogen and lutenizing hormone rose at the same time that month. I don’t think it means anything bad for fertility, but it means you get less warning because you don’t have any high days.

Hey Jesstula!

That’s exactly what happened—lows until CD17 and then BAM—peak/solid smiley! I’ve ready that it means that your estrogen and lutenizing hormone rose at the same time that month. I don’t think it means anything bad for fertility, but it means you get less warning because you don’t have any high days.

Thanks for getting back to me, that's really put my mind at rest. It's all so very confusing! How long are your cycles if you don't mind me asking?

Hey Jesstula!

Thanks for getting back to me, that's really put my mind at rest. It's all so very confusing! How long are your cycles if you don't mind me asking?

You’re welcome! &#128151; yes it can be so confusing! Lately my cycles are 28/29 days but I just started taking Vitamin B6 to lengthen my LP. It seems to be working because I’m currently on day 31 &#128561; no :bfp: yet but fx! Whether I end up getting one or not, I’m happy that the B6 worked! How long are your cycles normally?

Never mind, I didn't think it was gonna happen this month anyway so I wasn't too disappointed.

Awww don't be sad it could still happen! You're not out until AF gets here. I completely sympathise though you just hope and hope for that positive to pop up! At least you got some wine tasting in :) I'm such a terrible wine drinker it just doesn't agree with me at all

Please keep us posted!

Hey Jesstula!

You’re welcome! &#128151; yes it can be so confusing! Lately my cycles are 28/29 days but I just started taking Vitamin B6 to lengthen my LP. It seems to be working because I’m currently on day 31 &#128561; no :bfp: yet but fx! Whether I end up getting one or not, I’m happy that the B6 worked! How long are your cycles normally?

Fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted. :hugs: My last couple cycles have been 26. Never heard of the b6 thing before, might have to look into that an maybe give , it a go. X

Hi Jess! My cycles normally 26 as well but my last one was 25 which is odd. I saw another post about b6 as well and how she'd been trying for 2 years with no luck, took b6 and got her first positive! Can't hurt trying :)

Hi Jess! My cycles normally 26 as well but my last one was 25 which is odd. I saw another post about b6 as well and how she'd been trying for 2 years with no luck, took b6 and got her first positive! Can't hurt trying :)

I've only been tracking for the last 3 months an I had a 25 the first month. It's so confusing isn't it! The way I'm going I'm heading for a long one this month! Lol. Thinking I to need to get me some b6! X

Hey girls! Corgi how are you getting on? Any good news to report?

I'm O at the moment, or due to any day now according to my charts (the apps i use are slightly different) so need to get in as much BD as possible

Jess, did you get any b6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"