cbfm users i need your advice!

chistiana

Nik,Nat,Maya & 3 angels
Reaction score
So my cbfm has been driving crazy lately. it goes high very early on and then it uses all 20 sticks being high and by the time i ov (cd30) it stops asking for sticks!
that was last month and the month before that. This cycle i decided to go all natural so stopped taking vitex and b6 and the rest. Thought i d see what happens! cd9 first stick low, cd 10 high, 11 high, 12 high and SURPRISE cd13 and cd 14 (today) peak!!!! yet the lines have both gone non existent (almost) today! i understand the estrogen line going light but should the lh surge go darker? and my opk is negative and still no thermal shift...WTH????:wacko:

I am including a pic the top two are 13 and 14. can anyone enlighten me as to what is happening???

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 16
Hmmm this is very strange. I had long cycles too and used the cbfm (against the instructions advice) and I would also get confusing results. Turned out I wasn't actually ovulating, so was referred to a FS. Sorry hun, no advice as such, but have you had your progesterone levels checked to see what's going on inside? :flower:

Thanks lolly. I had my progeterone checked at 3 and 7 dpo last cycle and the results confirmed ov and my progesterone was within normal ranges. Did you get a peak reading during those cycles you werent ovulating? Todays stick was again almost non visible (both lines). I looked at yesterdays stick and the lines are much more distinct and you could almost call them a normal peak or just pre peak reading but i still havent had a thermal shift. I really dont know wth is hapenning to me. :(

It's so hard when you have long cycles :( when you had your prog checked last time at 3 & 7dpo, how did you confirm ovulation? With the cbfm and/or OPK's?

The first two cycles I had my prog checked I had lots of highs and a peak (with positive OPK's too). My prog was about 9 under from where they'd like to see it as a positive ovulation result so no idea what happened with the cbfm there :shrug: the cycle I ovulated (confirmed with prog test) I had been taking soya isoflavones and I never got a peak! Only highs, but that too was a long cycle so uncertain if my previous cycles had messed up the memory of the cbfm.

Forgot to add, do you chart your bbt? That was really the only thing that ever helped me when ttc, I did use the cbfm and OPK's alongside too, but I could always tell if ovulation had actually occurred by how my temps had shifted and I knew no matter what the cbfm or OPK's told me, I would have an accurate O day x

Yes my progesterone at 7dpo was 42 nmol/L or 13.5ng/L. The monitor had used all the sticks but that cd so i wasnt using it and yes i had a +opk.
Anyway just to update it seems my monitor is stupid cause i actually tested with it again today and it said low but the stick was definitely a peak (v light estrogen and dark lh lines) and i had 3 +opks (morning, noon and night)! So i m expecting my temps to be low tomorrow and then rise on thursday! I m not going to waste any more money on the cbfm i think.

Oh no, that's rubbish. Is it an old cbfm or fairly new?

Well i bought is a good 2.5 yrs ago got pg 1st month of using it miscarried got pg again using it straight away after that so its only been used 4-5 cycles in total. I was very happy with it and advertised it everywhere but now i m not very impressed. Btw 9 at 7dpo still means you oved... I know they want to see over 10-15 but anything over 5 means ovulation happened i think

Oh no sorry, my levels were 9 under from where they wanted it to be. I think my doctor said for ovulation to have likely occurred my levels would have had to be 30+ (can't remember which measurement was used!), and my levels were 21. My temps for that cycle pretty much confirmed it too, as there was barely a rise in temps. I was using soy though, and luckily next cycle my levels were 38 and I conceived!

Ow that s good! I guess they may be using different measurements!! I m so not happy with my cbfm at the moment, i m thinking if calling the line to give them an earful!

You should do. I know a few who have had faulty monitors and clearblue have replaced them straight away :thumbup:

Have reset it and started a fresh? Might be worth a go? X

Hi i did that when i started using it for the first time when i got my first pp af after my dd :(

Hmm maybe will do now that i ve brought ov forward! Hopefully this will work! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->