Cd 10, going to start testing, help please

Natilly20

Reaction score
I'm using opk for the first time this month, should I only test once a day or twice? If so what times should I test? I'm sure I will be posting pics too for advice on whether they are positive or not :) Thank you xx

Oh and also, when I do get a positive, does that mean ovulation is happening or will be happening shortly? I know it doesn't necessarily mean I will ovulate mind xx

CD 10 here and also starting opks for the first time! Sorry I had no advice but will be stalking. Fx!

I love opk! I use them along with bbt. I would test twice a day as I have seen some women's surge can be shorter and some longer, as in a couple hours to couple days. They say best hours to test are 10am-8pm and peak time around 2pm. I have gotten peaks at all different times but everyone is different. So when you have your first positive they say you don't even need to test anymore because you will ovulate 12-36 hours after your FIRST positive. Some women like to test until their surge fads and this is where they find out it last a couple days but nothing's wrong if it does just always go by your first positive. I'm a poas aholic so I test till mines fades back neg but my surge only last 12 hrs usually. Also, you will always have a second line as you always have small amount of LH in your body. It's only positive once the test line is as dark or darker then the control. Hope this was helpful and good luck I will help when you post pics also :). Good luck!!

Thanks bellyfever that's fantastic advice! And hiphophooray good luck using your opk :) I hope you get a positive soon and I will be stalking if you post any piccys :) I'm so excited, it's kind of the same as waiting for a bfp :) xx

I've done a new post with a pic of my opk but thought I'd pop it on here too just in case, is this positive? The test line does look slightly darker too in real life but I can't get a great photo on my phone xx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-29-19-14-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-29-19-14-24.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 20
postive hun how lucky are you first test!!!

whoop get bedding

Awesome Natilly! My first one today was dark but not as dark as the control, then I took a couple more and they were very faded butI have longer cycles so I highly doubt ive already od this cycle. I sure hope I didn't miss it!

I'm sure you didn't miss it, especially if you have a longer cycle, maybe your wee wasn't as concentrated with the other tests? I'm going to test again today, I know you shouldn't test after your first positive but I'm still going to and might bd again just in case! If you got quite a strong line on the first one, maybe your body is gearing up? :) good luck, I hope you get your positive soon xxx

Top is yesterday 7.30ish pm bottom is this mornings 9.30am. Looks a little darker but only because yesterday's dried I think? Should I bd again tonight to make sure? How long do you usually get positive opks for? Also when do I count myself as 1dpo? Thank you. Oh and depending on how pic comes out, yesterday's may be on left and this am on right x

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-30-09-39-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-30-09-39-11.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 16
depends on how long your surge is but a day would be normal for positive opks..
some people can only get them once and then it goes... so quick to catch it

congrats on being in the two week wait now!!

I am also cd10 starting tests tonight. It looks pos to me! Good luck! Happy bding!

Thanks girls, I know i can't be sure when I actually ovulate, but given that I got my positive yesterday and the fact that I've had some dull type period pains today I'm going to presume I ovulated today and class tomorrow as dpo1, Yey exciting!! Really really hoping to see a bfp! Xxx

Have you poas again? Progress? Here's mine, i think it's positive today

Attachments

• 20150102_072729.jpg
    20150102_072729.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 4
Oh of course I have lol, they have gone very light now though so haven't bothered posting any pics, if I did ovulate though I will be 3dpo now Yey, so next pics I will be posting will be hpt's hopefully with 2 lines :) yours are definitely getting darker :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->