Center parcs early dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_x

Reaction score
Has anyone been? I'm thinking ahead for next year and would love a short Christmassy break. What was it like and how much was it roughly? :flower:

I'm pretty sure it costs a fortune but I've heard it's amazing and if I could have time off I would go xx

I've never been at Christmas, but some friends of mine go every year and say it's fab. It is very expensive I've priced it up in the past, but if you can afford it I'd think it would be worth it. I love centre parts anyway so would love to go at Christmas.

We have been in early December for they last few years and we all love it! The price will vary depending on when you go and how long you stay for. We have done the Fri-Mon (3 nights) and that was about £500 I think and we have also done Mon-Fri (4 nights) and that was around £400. The price will also vary with the style of accommodation you want too, we normally have one that is somewhere in the middle in terms of standard but they are all very beautiful inside and lovely and cosy in the winter.

They really make the place look special for the festive season with decorations and light etc everywhere and Santa waiting for you to arrive at the entrance - he comes to your car window to say hello and gives out chocolate coins which my DS just loved. There are real reindeers to visit and Santas Workshop with his Elves, Festive Carriage Rides and there is always a huge firework display over the lake in Wednesdays/Sunday's which is spectacular.

If you have smaller children, there is Elf training school, stocking decorating and bauble making etc to keep them occupied and for older children there is always plenty of sports and games. They usually have a pantomime on and Christmas carol concert too which is lovely with a nice mulled wine :)

We aren't going this year as DD is so little but will be booking in January for next December. It can be quite expensive if you do a lot of the activities but you can book and pay for those before you go so you don't feel like you're spending as much whilst you're there. I tend to start booking things around Sept/Oct time and then we have a little itinerary ready before we go. The lodges are all self catering too with lovely kitchens and great cooking facilities so you can take all of your own food with you to reduce costs. We tend to do a bit of a cooking and also visit some of the restaurants too.

X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back