cerazette and constant bleeding

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by bigbelly2, Oct 20, 2008.

1. bigbelly2

bigbelly2 mommy of 2!

hi everyone,

could you help me....i have had 2 periods since having tommy in june and as they were so bad i started taking cerazette again, however, i have taken a little over a month of tablets now and have been bleeding for nearly 3 weeks none stop, its really strange it was brown, then pink then brown again, its not that heavy that i need to use a pad i could use a liner but i feel really strange, anyone had this....

h x

2. reallytinyamy

reallytinyamy Mum and step mum

I've fgone back on cerrazette this week- AF started on saturday so I started then, AF was very light and painless and finished last night- just like before, never had constant bleeding on it, perhaps you should see dr about it

3. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

on im the same pill and have had no bleeding x

4. Nat

Nat Well-Known Member

I've been on cerazette three times. The first time I didn't have any periods at all. The second and third times I started a period and then didn't stop bleeding. Apparently these are the two most common side effects. IIRC you can get a drug to stop the bleeding, but I didn't go down that route, I stopped taking it both times.

5. bigbelly2

bigbelly2 mommy of 2!

its really strange, the first time i took it i had a little bleed then no periods at all..i have finally finished bleeding now after nearly a month, hope its stays like this

h x

6. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

hope it settles down for ux x

7. reallytinyamy

reallytinyamy Mum and step mum

Further to my above post when I stoped bleeding on monday, I have started bleeding again?????

8. bigbelly2

bigbelly2 mommy of 2!

SNAP!!!!!

i started bleeding again last night!!!! whats goin on?!?!?!

h x

9. LongRoadAhead

LongRoadAhead ♥Due 06/05/09♥

Heya!
    I was on cerazette for about 6/8 months and for the first 5 weeks I was bleeding, Not constantly but on and off and heavy most of the time, After a while it sorted itself out and lightened periods alot but I wouldnt recomend it, It really messes with your body and I fell pregnant whilst on it!!! Not that Im complaning thou :)
    Xxxxx

10. jeni

jeni New Member

hi i am a mum to 1 little girl,i have started takin cerzette 5 months ago,for the first 3 months i had normal periods bt the past 2 months i have not had any at all,i took a pregnancy test 2 wk ago but it was negative,does anyone know if i still may be or not?imbloated all the time n my belly looks bigger too but not sure if that dwn to weight gain haha!if anyone has any answer please let me know thanx x

11. Sophie1205

Sophie1205 TTC #2

Hey. I used to be on cerazette a few years ago and i bled constantly for 6 or 7 weeks and it really messed me up emotionally so i gave up on it. Im on Marvalon now and so far so good.

xx