cervical suture updated

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by trixie79, Mar 31, 2011.

1. trixie79

trixie79 Mam to Conor&niamh

hi guys, i had a cervical suture @ 11 weeks with the triplets but i lost them at 6 months.
    the doc is now going to do an abdominal stitch....vaginally next friday now that i am not pregnant.

i dont have an incompetent cervix.....apparently, cause the loss of the babies was due to an infection, but i have a hx of CIN3 and had treatment on it 3 years ago, so i think its abit short.

i just wondered if anyone has had a stitch put in , that is supposed to be done abdominally but had it done high up vaginally....if that makes sense!!

the doc says that this is the first time that he will have done this, so slighty petrified!!!!
    thanks in advance x

2. Hels_Bells

Hels_Bells Bun in the Oven!!

I've never heard of this.... sorry, hopefully someone can answer your question. Sorry for your less :( That must have been tough...

3. trixie79

god....maybe im the experiment!!!!!!! ta though!

to be honest i am finding the loss harder to deal with each day. they same time heals....well i hope so.

4. sarina53172

sarina53172 Guest

sorry for you loss

5. hellohefalump

hellohefalump Well-Known Member

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm really sorry you lost your triplets, that must've been the most awful thing to have to go through. xx

6. trixie79

anyone??????????anything at all??

7. trixie79

just thought i would post an update. i got a modified Shirodkar cervical suture done yesterday, it involved getting a stitch done higher up the cervix, done loose enough not to prevent anything getting in, but tight enough not to let a baby come out!

the surgery was quick and although it was painful for the first few hours, im painfree today, just bleeding alittle. just gotta get bd now for my stickie bean!

if anyone needs to know anything more feel free to pm me x