Cervidil

yogi77

Mommy and pregnant again!
Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me their experiences being induced with cervidil. I am being induced this Friday morning starting with cervidil. This is my second baby so I am hoping that means it won't increase my chances of a c-section too much. I'm getting nervous with all this time beforehand to look up stories or read all the possible terrible side effects 😕

I had that first, two 12 hour doses and it did nothing. They switched to Cytotec after that. I don't think I would do Cytotec with a live baby though as it gave me constant contractions once it really started working.

I had that with my first pregnancy. Supposed to help soften cervix. It made my body over contract so they stopped it. I was started with pitocin afterwards and went on to have a vaginal delivery.

I was like musicmomma. I started my induction at 7 pm with cervadil, then got pitocin. 25 hrs later my daughter was born, vaginal delivery! So glad mine didn't turn into a c section, so there are stories that you don't have to end up with a c section. Best wishes!

Thanks ladies its good to hear some positive stories. It seems like a lot of mommas need 2 doses and then possibly pitocin or Oxycotin as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->