cervix 28mm and 2 preterm obs refusing stitch help

mummymashup

Reaction score
hi im currently 16wks pregnant and feel the hospital should be doing the stitch but they refuse.....

i am already in a complicating position i have had an augmentation cystoplasty which for every one is a complete bladder replacement... and my last baby was 17.5 weeks premature with no sighs of labor except an uncomfortable back and low down preasure... i am so lucky he is with us still, my local hospital said to let nature take its course and i replyed its my body and my baby get me to the first hospital that can take us and they blue lighted me to the next county.. hes now 7 yrs old..

i am so worried this will happen again my cervix was 28mm 2 weeks ago and yestaday it was 27.3 mm which i know is still in range but ive got so long to go:dohh: i have had a urine infection for 3 weeks now and blood and protien in my urine. i have asked for the stitch and they are saying no i feel this is unfair.

what can i do

thanks mummymashup

hi hun sorry to hear of such a early baby first time round, thank god he made it. I just wanted to say I had pre cancer cells in 2006 and had to have them removed and they also remove a small part of your womb to well did to me, so this can cause premature labour when pregnant so I am being watched in the prem clinic every 4 weeks first time round had cervix scan and was 29 then went back 4weeks later and its 27 so they done this test called (FFN test) Fetal Fibronectin test they just take a swab from ur cervix and if it is positive then it shows there's a chance you will go into labour with in the next two weeks, if negative then no chance of labour with in the next two weeks, Mine was NEG thank god so they just said see me again in 4weeks time and they will keep repeating the test if cervix is going down again! Can they not do this test where you are sorry I cant see where you are from, you see if it was to come back positive then they would talk options like putting in a stich. So sorry for all your worry I know how u feel hun as 3years ago I had my son went in to labour with him at 34weeks but it stopped, so they are not worrying so much this time round, But hey every pregnancy is different so im worried sick that baby will come so early and im praying the weeks to fly by!! Good luck hun hope things all go ok for you, sorry for long message!! Here if you want to talk. xxx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->