Cervix changes

Bittersweet

Complete(Boy/Girl)after losses and premature birth
Reaction score
Me again
I was in hospital for 4 days before Xmas die tonirrtoable uterus and potential pre term labour I got home but had to go back in due to the pain
The 4 days my cervix was 1cm long/thick.

When I got checked yesterday they said it has changed. Finally got my notes back today and they have written cervix thinned fully effaced? Also that my cervix was not viable using spectulum so had to have a internal finger exam instead.

What does this mean? Can my cervix get thicker again? Does fully effaced mean that labour may happen soon? I’m only 1cm dilated. Pains have stopped again no mucus plug or waters have gone.
I know I’m early I’ve already had the steroids etc and baby measured 19.5 in length on scan lol big baby!

Usually when they talk about how effaced you are they're referring to how ready your cervix is for labor. At least that's the way I try to understand it. So if you're 100% effaced it would make me think your cervix is ready for labor.

So potentially can be at any point?

Honestly I don't know. My first son I was 100% effaced at my 38 week appointment and starting to dialate a little. My doctor said any day now. Well at 41 weeks he had to be induced because I never went into labor.

I think its more just your body getting ready for the baby more than anything.

It’s such a nightmare honestly I’m exhausted with it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->