Champagne and crumpets, my November wedding blog *We did it! Photos included*

Oh my gosh I just googled Esme... I have been in love with that dress for so long! I didn't realise it was a JP. You have to get that one! The latest CP collection is amazing. A bit unusual as she uses a lot of colour but they're so stunning. You know if you did buy a Jenny Packham dress you could sell it again for a lot so it wouldn't be too much of a loss? Just a thought! No I didn't try it on. Well, I did in a bridal shop, but I bought mine online from a woman in Cornwall. Unfortunately, she had sold it as a size 8 but had had it edited from the original, so it has a build in bra, and has been taken in in certain areas, and generally doesn't fit me as well as the one in the shop. Ah well. I'm just gonna get it changed nearer the date.

Yeah the Esme is amazing, I love the back! Not sure my figure is streamlined enough for the shape though. I love the new Claire Pettibone and the colours are beautiful. I have seen the resale value of Packham dresses is quite high but just not sure I could let my mum outlay that amount for me to begin with and she's kindly buying my dress. Ahh I am sure you'll be able to get it tailored to fit you perfectly, how are you changing the neckline? I think you're probably just used to seeing it now on pictures so it's taken the shine off it slightly for you, but remember the chances of anyone at your wedding having seen it will be pretty slim, I'm sure they will all be blown away by it!

Oh my gosh I just googled Esme... I have been in love with that dress for so long! I didn't realise it was a JP. You have to get that one! The latest CP collection is amazing. A bit unusual as she uses a lot of colour but they're so stunning. You know if you did buy a Jenny Packham dress you could sell it again for a lot so it wouldn't be too much of a loss? Just a thought! No I didn't try it on. Well, I did in a bridal shop, but I bought mine online from a woman in Cornwall. Unfortunately, she had sold it as a size 8 but had had it edited from the original, so it has a build in bra, and has been taken in in certain areas, and generally doesn't fit me as well as the one in the shop. Ah well. I'm just gonna get it changed nearer the date.

Yeah the Esme is amazing, I love the back! Not sure my figure is streamlined enough for the shape though. I love the new Claire Pettibone and the colours are beautiful. I have seen the resale value of Packham dresses is quite high but just not sure I could let my mum outlay that amount for me to begin with and she's kindly buying my dress. Ahh I am sure you'll be able to get it tailored to fit you perfectly, how are you changing the neckline? I think you're probably just used to seeing it now on pictures so it's taken the shine off it slightly for you, but remember the chances of anyone at your wedding having seen it will be pretty slim, I'm sure they will all be blown away by it!

Just seen this, sorry! I'm changing the neckline so it's more like this:
https://pinterest.com/pin/17381148534482886/

I actually tried that dress on and the shape was so perfect, but my mum didn't like the pink on it. In retrospect though, I much prefer the shape of the other dress even though I love the layers of lace and fringing and overall look of mine.

Finished calling cards to go in invites. Will go box, then inside box: calling card, gold leaf image on card with date, then simple page with address, then R.S.V.P. card.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-19 at 00.02.37.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-19 at 00.02.37.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 9
Box. And yeah, it's meant to look that distressed, honest! Looks much better in reality. Scribbled 'love from Chris & Amy' on the inside of the lid.

Also R.S.V.P. card, don't have a decent photo of the main invite right now.

Attachments

• photo-3 (1).jpg
    photo-3 (1).jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 18
  • photo-2 (2).jpg
    photo-2 (2).jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 15
  • photo-1 (2).jpg
    photo-1 (2).jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 13
Ooh fab! Bet they took bloody ages to do!! I actually think I might like to do a website xx

They look awesome. Totally perfect for your wedding. I'm quite jealous!!

Ah cheers =/

Sent an article about them to Kate at the blog last night and she hasn't replied so I'm stressing that she's mad at me cos she hates them or something! So gonna get her invite sent out ASAP as they look miles better in reality, then she can take photos herself. Can't say using a phone camera is the best idea :haha:

Okay so I have decided to change my dress quite a bit. After a lot of deliberation, I've fallen out of love with it a little and don't feel confident in it. Therefore, I'm changing the neckline, slightly changing the waist line, and adding a few details. Here are my plans:

To change the neckline to look like this
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/210c9a5e27af8ae9ce6e6f5b2a7168b1_zps405bbb24.jpg

...and to add a tuck all across the waist line to pull it in. I'll also remove a layer of lace that ends right above the hips which is deeply unflattering. This is the inpsiration for the waist tuck (basically exactly what I want in shape and in detail) and this is my badly photoshopped idea of the final shape.
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/ScreenShot2013-04-21at164749_zps15d52378.png

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/3fe96567a54044d0dc60029d32fa7ec0_zps1e035911.jpg

I was thinking of perhaps adding very subtle embellishment to the top part of the dress, too, maybe just a little on one side? A bit of inspiration.

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/1f3b44008d3c5c9c0f8a31bb02c50458_zps4e77e1f2.jpg

Something else that I'm gonna do, that I've actually tried and looks nice, is to get a back drapey necklace thing and add it to the back of the dress so that it drapes across the neckline at the back (not the front) and also cascaded down from each shoulder. It'll be something very simple and subtle. This was my inspiration.

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/ScreenShot2013-04-21at165158_zps0834411e.png
I know that that's a lot of detail and things but I think that if I did that I could get away with bracelets and earrings and nothing else (brilliant as I can't decide on hair accessories!). Just a simple updo may go really well with the changed dress.

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/ScreenShot2013-04-21at170330_zpsb2940b1e.png

So... what do you think?

Oh and one final thing; I was thinking of covering the tattoo on the back on my neck with this, which I love for many reasons. Bad idea?

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/c2fc13f16d972302277cad576bb232d3_zps54145edf.jpg

Have you got a picture of the tattoo you have? I think that's something quite big to be having as a cover up and it might distract from the detail in the dress iykwim! Xx

Yeah I know! I like tattoos but it's gonna have to be something big cos of the shape of it! This is my current one.

Attachments

• Photo on 21-04-2013 at 17.20.jpg
    Photo on 21-04-2013 at 17.20.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 18
Wow, that is a lot of changes to the dress!! Why have you fallen out of love with it? Not because of your sisters dress I hope?

As for the tattoo, you would probably need to invert it in order to cover the bow as best as possible. As in, have the inside dark and the outer edge light. It will also sit on your body better without looking like a 'stamp'. And have a look at dot work tattoos. It might not be your thing but I think that design would look amazing done with dot work :thumbup:

It definitely would, thank you! I don't know.. I think it was a bit of an impulse; I loved it in the shop, then it was too expensive so when I found it second hand I just absolutely had to have it, you know? But now it looks cheap and not worth it and I just don't like any photos of it on other brides and I feel really 'meh' about it. I don't even like lace in general anymore I don't think. And yeah it's a little to do with my BMs. I think their dresses may actually be miles nicer. I keep seeing things that I like much more which doesn't help.

Oh no :( Have you tried it on recently? I keep thinking I don't like my dress anymore and that it's a bit 'blah' but as soon as I put it on I fall in love with it all over again.

You could always sell the dress and start again? Yeah I see what you mean about your current tattoo, it is quite big. I would honestly go and see a really great tattoo artist and see what they could do for you or suggest. I do think your cover up would be lovely though, or you could try and get the one you currently have lightened - especially if its only been coloured once, tattoo's don't go fully black from just one sitting of colour, they are usually slightly lighter (my ex is a tattoo artist lol!) Xx

Oh no :( Have you tried it on recently? I keep thinking I don't like my dress anymore and that it's a bit 'blah' but as soon as I put it on I fall in love with it all over again.

I can't fit in to it :cry: I lost a tonne of weight but then gained it again so that the dress is small. I do intend to lose it, but haven't managed yet, so I can't even try it on. I got it out to look at though and I didn't like it, though I did try nipping in the waist and clipping the neckline to change it and it looked a bit better.

You could always sell the dress and start again? Yeah I see what you mean about your current tattoo, it is quite big. I would honestly go and see a really great tattoo artist and see what they could do for you or suggest. I do think your cover up would be lovely though, or you could try and get the one you currently have lightened - especially if its only been coloured once, tattoo's don't go fully black from just one sitting of colour, they are usually slightly lighter (my ex is a tattoo artist lol!) Xx

Yeah that's definitely a possibility. I'll see how I feel when I'm thin and can actually wear the dress and if I hate it I'll sell it (luckily for the same price probably) and get one custom made. I like the lightening idea for the tattoo; didn't even think of that! Thank you :)

Ah I know how that feels. I haven't tried my dress on for 6 months and am scared to because I'm almost certain I won't fit :nope: If it was me I'd personally sell the dress and buy one of the ones you've seen since. Trying to re-work a dress you've fallen out of love with could just end in disaster. And huge expense!! x

Ah I know how that feels. I haven't tried my dress on for 6 months and am scared to because I'm almost certain I won't fit :nope: If it was me I'd personally sell the dress and buy one of the ones you've seen since. Trying to re-work a dress you've fallen out of love with could just end in disaster. And huge expense!! x

I don't know what I like, apart from crazy expensive Giambattista Valli and Elie Saab couture dresses.. obviously not a possibility! I would have to have one made but that's a huge risk too, and what if I sell and regret it? :cry: I know this is a dumb problem but it's really getting me down; I don't want to feel ugly on my wedding day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->