Champagne and crumpets, my November wedding blog *We did it! Photos included*

Haha thanks Aly! Honestly I have spent ages thinking everyone is gonna be bad stunned and is just going to be like what on earth is going on in this room!?

Honestly emy, it wouldnt usually be my sort of taste at all but I cant help but think it is breath-taking. So even people who wouldnt have the theme or wouldnt 'get it' will love it x

I hope that doesnt across as rude, it isnt meant to. I am sure you appreciate we all have different tastes and mine would be your worst nightmare for a wedding, lol.

I hope that doesnt across as rude, it isnt meant to. I am sure you appreciate we all have different tastes and mine would be your worst nightmare for a wedding, lol.

Oh no absolutely! I know I'm being a bit weird with my wedding anyway :haha: There are a lot of things I wouldn't have personally that I'm sure would look amazing at someone else's wedding so I definitely know what you mean.

Thank you by the way :flower:

Little update on flowers. If you've been following this you'll know I started out wanting dandelion clocks (still do, but it isn't really viable) and then dried yellow roses, which I still have a few of. Blogging about my wedding and being quite involved with the wedding industry via that, however, has unfortunately made me want something more elaborate. I now have a whole collection of vases in various sizes, some tiny silver bud vases, some medium sized silver trumpet vases, some glass posy vases, and a couple of larger vases, all sourced from antique shops, of course (I'm obsessed!).

I'm talking to a florist atm so thought I'd update you guys while I'm on the subject! There will actually only be about six vases on the two long tables in the reception in total, so not that much really. No arrangements elsewhere or pedestals (ew) in the reception, except for perhaps something small tied to the teepee and/or in the drinks cooler bath tub thingy. Not sure about the ceremony set up yet. I'm having a bouquet, but for my maids I'm gonna make something out of the dried roses and lavender I already have, just to save money. As for the actual flowers, I was thinking of having some pale ones, cream and blush tones mostly, with something very dark and dramatic. I really love those roses that are cream with bits of purple (what're they called?!) and then maybe a combination of flowers like this, not that I know what they are, with dark herb/fern sort of fillers, and something like what this girl has in her hair to add a bit of texture.

What do you think? Must admit, I know nothing of flowers, and I really struggling finding an idea I was happy with!

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/56a5b2a0f8a39059944dd9b9b129e62b_zpsd42cf466.jpg https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/9cb6b66957d51ac64a07ade94be1c4be_zps1ae60c6a.jpg
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/ae147e8c6acd0f4b294d359c2ce1a689_zpsc42bcbd2.jpg
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/1129314808_81c767098d_z_zps50cb2dd7.jpg
https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee367/tomcantgetitup/087c5ac9982fe50d855c96a0ce5a62e4_zps897510d8.jpg

I love it all apart from the ferny things and that's only because I hate the smell lol! I think it will all go very well with your other stuff xx p.s I hate the pedastals too!

In year 7 I won a competition in Grizedale Forrest where we had to make perfume out of naturally found things, and my main ingredient was ferns :haha:

I'm not bothered about the leafy things to be honest, so long as they're dark! I hate light green.

Another few updates and things!

- Just been going through my dad's record collection and I'm so shocked. He's 75 and never listens to music but the collection is amazing! Paired with what we've already collected, we have loads of good records, from 50s stuff right through to 80s classics. All we need now is to finish buying the modern records that we really love, which are a bit more expensive, but we're only getting a few meaningful ones. And guests are bringing records with them, so all in all I'm very hopeful about the guest DJ thing!

-I tried making a wedding cake. You know how many layers of sponge you need for a cake?! Like 50. So I'm making fruitcake. Never mind that I can't stand the stuff :haha:

-I can't decide whether to have short lace gloves or not? I love the idea but don't know if it will look stupid. We're not doing rings, so that isn't an issue, but I did want bracelets :shrug:

-For the drinks reception I have FINALLY settled on an idea! We'll have it in the cinema room (it's huge!). Gonna have a black and white romantic film on on silent and then play jazz too, I think the lighting will look really cool. I had my heart set on an outdoor drinks reception but it'll be too cold. Plus, the lovely lady at Vintage Style Hire who said I can have anything I want for blogging for her has the most gorgeous drinks trolley and so I think I'll put those little cocktails in bottles- the favours- on there and serve them then. And have wine and stuff too, probably, or not, what do you think? Obviously there will be something different for the little ones. Will possibly have the speeches then too, as we aren't having a formal sit down meal.

As far as other updates go, there aren't any really. I do hate my dress less now, and we have two of three bridesmaid dresses, in the same colour (!), and I've bought more of the stuff I need, but that's it really!

Started my diet three days ago. I am achey and starving! I wish I hadn't let myself get so fat. Goddamn size 6 dresses :cry: Going to go get myself a rocket lolly in a mo. My new chocolate replacement. 20 calories... sigh.

Stick with it. The first week is the hardest (read as 'the first week you feel like killing someone for a bite of toast'), but after that it gets easier. I'm on week three and I don't seem able to eat enough cals to hit my quota now :shrug: But it will be worth it

How many cals/day are you on? I am so mad with myself, I got down to almost 8 stone in November and then gave up over Christmas and never started again so I ballooned and it's back to square one... with 6 months to go :dohh: I HAVE to stick with it or I'll be finding a new dress.

I'm on bare minimum, 1200! But I'm not eating carbs either so it's pretty easy. Are you exercising? The best way to lose weight is to eat more cals and exercise them off than to just not eat the cals. Ie, you'll lose weight quicker by eating 1800 cals and burning 300 off to leave you with 1500 than to just eat 1500 cals. Does that make sense? :lol: And if you do strength exercises as well, the more muscle you have the easier it is to burn fat :thumbup: Although be careful, my shoulders are looking a bit hench at the moment. I'm assured by several people that its a good look but I'm not so sure :lol:
At least you know you can do it because you've done it before. Trust me, getting your dress to fit is the best motivation you could ever have :lol:

Yeah I'm living with my mum and dad in the Lake District at the moment so making the most of it and taking their dog for an hour and a half walk each morning, but with Rory in the carrier so it burns maybe 300 calories? I dunno, but he's bloody heavy! Then eating 1000 (usually ends up about 1100) a day because I seriously need to drop the weight and fast. I'm 10.5 now, my highest ever without being pregnant. It's so embarrassing. But I want to be 7 for the wedding. My BMR is only 1400 so with eating and exercising like I am I think I'll burn 2 and a half pounds a week or so?!

You're doing amazing cutting out carbs, I couldn't do that. I plan on detoxing two months before the day, though.

I've joined SW Emy and I haven't actually had my first weigh in yet but I think its doing me good! I would love to be 10 and a half stone haha. Sending you some luck over :) its hard but worth it! Xx

Slimming world :) tried to give you a brief explaination in my journal xx

Have you joined up to my fitness pal emy, it is good for logging goals, calories eaten, exercise (and therefore calories burned off) etc? It is a free thing. My calories they recommend a day is 1250. I personally dont use my calories if I burn them off from exercise. Otherwise like yesterday I would of had to eat over 1800.

I started at 10 and half stone three weeks ago Emy. And on Tuesday I had to buy myself some size 8 work trousers (I haven't been a size 8 trouser since I was about 16 years old!!!) and even they are roomy on me. It deffo can be done

Tasha, I thought the calorie goal was just intake on MFP? As in, if I ate 1200 cals (my target) then burned off 200 cals, taking me down to 1000, I shouldn't then eat another 200 cals to take me back up. Doesn't that defeat the object? Plus, MFP only tells me off if I don't eat 1200. It doesn't tell me off if I've burned cals off to under the 1200 limit, so I just assumed it was ok :lol: :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->