chance of getting pregnant 4 weeks after giving birth UPDATE: got EWCM now!!

you're meant to be ok for up to 6months if you're exclusively breast feeding, it's not 100% but I reckon you'll be fine.

Hiya, i haven't read the other posts, so sorry if i am repeating what has been said. :)

The chances are pretty slim TBH. Even slimmer if you are exclusively breastfeeding! For the purposes of this answer i will just assume that you aren't breastfeeding and so could have ovulated.

1. Your body takes a while to get back to normal after giving birth - for all the hormone levels to get back to the correct place to be able to kick out an egg.
2. You would have to have had your oopsy within the 5-7 days leading up to ovulating, the day of ovulation or the day after (although the day after is not great for conception).
3. To get pregnant from the withdrawal method the guy must not have pulled out in time, which you have explained is the case for you. If the man actually DID pull out in time there is very little chance of getting pregnant from the precum. Sperm can live in precum, but only if they are sitting there from a previous ejeculation. The guy must have masturbated, ejeculated and not urinated before having sex with you - leaving sperm sitting in the "pipe" surviving in the precum. The precum comes from a completely separate place to the sperm.
4. If he didn't pull out in time and a small part of the semen went into your vagina then that's only a fraction of the millions of sperm that usually get in there.
5. If everything goes perfect for conception - right days for ovulation, nice big ejeculation in the right place etc. then chances of conception are only about 20% per cycle anyway. So as you can imagine, if anything is less than perfect - not a full "load", too many days before ovulation etc. then the chances get slimmer fast.

I hope this is reassuring for you!! Good luck either way. :)

my mum had my brother and then she went for her 6 week check and was 2-3 weeks pregnant with me and there is 10 months between me and my brother lol :)

I have this issue too, DTD 4 weeks after LO was born and condom split... typical! My 6 week check is monday so i guess ill find out then.

However, having done some research apparently you are very fertile after giving birth but if your BF then chances of conceiving are only 2-3% :) xxx

Don't rely on ebf as birth control. I ebf to 6m and had first period at 11 weeks pp, so must've iv at about 8 or 9 wks pp. Next period at 26 w so iv at 24w. Weaned at 6m but blw and she feeds on demand still 2 hourly but sleeps through mostly now. My Dr said I was v fertile lol.
The best way to prevent pregnancy is reliable contraception. The only 100% method is abstaining LOL. V fertile people, especially straight after pregnancy should be v careful. It only takes one sperm and one egg, and sperm is opportunist. Test for definite answer!! X

Don't rely on ebf as birth control. I ebf to 6m and had first period at 11 weeks pp, so must've iv at about 8 or 9 wks pp. Next period at 26 w so iv at 24w. Weaned at 6m but blw and she feeds on demand still 2 hourly but sleeps through mostly now. My Dr said I was v fertile lol.
The best way to prevent pregnancy is reliable contraception. The only 100% method is abstaining LOL. V fertile people, especially straight after pregnancy should be v careful. It only takes one sperm and one egg, and sperm is opportunist. Test for definite answer!! X

Oooh I think I've been very silly.

We had sex with no contraception last week after our first post baby date night... just got carried away but I naively assumed we'd be safe until my periods returned. :S xx

Kitty you may b fine but you have to iv before you can have a period so don't wait for that.:) x

We are the same!! I can't start taking the pill that the doctor prescribed until this coming friday, which will be 3 weeks after my c-section...DH and I got carried away last night and this morning however for the first time since surgery!! :dohh:

My midwife told me it's around 3 weeks after giving birth. x

Fair play you&me- it took us 4 months and I didn't have a section.:Haha:

you can take the morning after pill up to 72hrs after unprotected sex. just in case u had considered this option.

We are the same!! I can't start taking the pill that the doctor prescribed until this coming friday, which will be 3 weeks after my c-section...DH and I got carried away last night and this morning however for the first time since surgery!! :dohh:

According to my MW and doctor you're ok until 21 days after giving birth, if you start the pill on day 21 there shouldn't be a problem as protection is immediate. :)

Sounds like a few of us haven't been using contraception lol

I'm jealous of you ladies :haha: my legs are fully sealed shut atm, I've lost my mojo! I've also been told your quite fertile after labour and that you could get pregnant after 3 weeks :flower:

everyone is different regarding releasing an egg after birth - your hormones can surge any time after giving birth (even 24 hours) some women have been known to have a period 2 and a half weeks after having their babies - meaning (based on a 28 day cycle) they would have ovulated approx a week after giving birth. It doesnt take 21 days - your immediately fertile regardless as an egg can be released at any time. Fair enough if your breastfeeding there is slightly less of a chance, as the hormone levels would be being maintained, but theres still a chance - unprotected sex = gorgeous babies :) p.s - pre cum does contain semen - fast and quick enough to get to an egg! Any time you have unprotected sex theres a possibility you can get pregnant! Good luck! xxxxx

I just gave birth 4 weeks ago and think I'm pregnant is it even possible

I was told you can't get pregnant during the first 21 days after giving birth (was sure I'd read stories about it happening earlier though!) but then after that you are very fertile...so it's definitely possible. However breastfeeding is used as a natural contraceptive round the world, but this means feeding on demand round the clock, no pacifiers, no pumping, no bottles etc, otherwise it isn't effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->