Change bag question.

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
Who's benefit are they really for?

I've seen 3 styles that I like. All the same company but one that is IMO more girly, one that is slight more boyish, and one that I like because I like it but not for a boy or a girl just for me.

I had planned to get the one that better suits the sex of bumpy but it got me wondering. Who do you buy your change bag for? You or your baby?

I am buying one that is Gender neutral... but not for the babies. More for DH and I like to have a bag that is more fashionable and one that my DH will freely and stylishly carry around. - Of course the practicality of the bag for baby stuff is most important - That being said it would be odd if I bought a pink bag, for our baby boy and my husband had to carry that around. I think it is mostly your personal preference. I go for one that doesn't look like a diaper bag, that looks more like an over sized stylish tote bag.

It will be you and your DH using it, o buy it for yourselves.
I personally plan on just buying a basic grey or black one for us.

My parents are the ones that bought it as a Christmas present to me, but it's a Coach diaper bag... so really it was for both of us. :haha: I plan to use it will all of our babies, and after it's done holding diapers and bottles, it's going to be my overnight carry bag, because I love it so darn much (and it doesn't really look like a diaper bag, more like a really, really big purse).

Buy the one you're going to enjoy using the most - the baby won't care either way!

I got a Ju Ju Be bag for my baby shower for my first son, it's black, grey, and white polka dots with red inside and accents..unisex for babies but definitely more of a feminine look, not babyish but still has everything you need to take baby out. Dad doesn't mind carrying it but we did find a diaper dude diaper bag at the resale shop so he has a more masculine one for himself : )

For my first I have one that's sort of both boyish, but stylish enough for me to enjoy carrying around.

This next one I'm getting is going to be more feminine, even though I'm having a second boy.

i change to a slightly more lady bag that weights alot lighter than the bag that i am using.. for the comfort for myself n for baby sake..

I got the storsak Elizabeth - it smells gorgeous right now! I was going to get it in tan, but because we went for a black bugaboo cameleon I opted for it in black in the end.....my OH said it doesn't look like a changing bag, it looks like a normal large handbag! For me that was the attraction!

Congratulations RainbowDrop_x and other mums-to-be on your pregnancies! Have fun with all the pregnancy shopping! May God bless you all with healthy n happy babies.

:dust: :dust: :dust:

I had a bababing bag when i had DS which ive kept. I just bought plain black to match our pram x

I'd buy it for me not the baby, trust me they don't care in the slightest what colour it is! ;-)

Honestly, neither. I buy for function (so I guess maybe for me? But definitely not a coach like I'd choose for me, lol). A bag for me has to have plenty of space.l, pockets, and zipper compartments. I have a small diaper bag for quick trips and a larger bag for longer trips. The smaller bag has enough room for a changing pad, five diapers, two drink holders, a food pouch, bib, small thing of wipes, and a change of clothes. The larger bag can fit changing pad, several diapers, a large container of wipes, several bottles or sippy cups, several changes of clothes, bibs, a big bottle of water, a zippy compartment for any health items, an extra pair of shoes, and a few items for me.
We usually take the small bag, but if we are going to be out all day or stay overnight somewhere, we take the large bag.

I let hubby choose ours as he will carry it most of the time, and I want him to feel good with it (not like when I have him carry my purse haha).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->