Change in movement

Jamiesmummy22

Reaction score
Im 24 wks + 1 and been feeling daily noticeable movements from around 17 wks started with the odd kick daily and has increased as the weeks have progressed. I have been noticing a pattern to baby’s movement over the last week where he usually kicks in the morning, mid afternoon and evenings when I’m seated relaxing and just before bed when I’m trying to fall asleep. On Friday baby had a quiet day and I only had a few kicks mid afternoon... worried I phoned my local hospital looking for advice after trying to get him moving. The lady was really quite blunt on the phone with me telling me I’m too early and at my stage in pregnancy you can go hours not feeling baby move because it’s still small. She didn’t give me a chance to explain I had been noticing a pattern. She told me to have a cold glass of water. I came off the phone and over the course of the next few hours after drinking water and sugary drinks I felt some more movement.
However today I woke up had breakfast baby still hadn’t moved so I had a sugary drink, still nothing at lunchtime... times I usually feel him moving. I was out with my mum shopping so we had some lunch felt a few flutters after eating ice cream but not strong kicks like I have been feeling. Then nothing all afternoon since then. Just about to have dinner so hoping he gives a few strong kicks after that... otherwise I will phone them back. Just a little put off phoning after the way she spoke to me on Friday as I was made to feel like an idiot. What would you do in this situation? Is it normal at 24 weeks to have stronger movements some days rather than others?

Sorry you were fobbed off. This link to a leaflet about movements and what is normal says that after 24 weeks you should contact your midwife who will arrange a special appointment to check you over. Once at 28 weeks you should contact someone immediately and they should see you ASAP. Hope it helps:
https://www.rcog.org.uk/globalasset...ancy/pi-your-babys-movements-in-pregnancy.pdf

To offer some reassurance I had reduced movements at 33 weeks. I was seen and monitored ASAP but luckily for me all was fine. We discussed my life and ended up realising I was really tired and stressed; this can make baby move less apparently. You should not ever be treated like you are wasting anyone's time or being a pain, you should be listened to.

How horrible of the midwife you spoke too!

I would say if it’s not normal for your baby then go get checked over no matter how many weeks you are. I don’t think they do the count the kicks anymore . It’s more of what’s normal for your baby.

I would phone back. If you get the same midwife don’t let her put you off. I went in numerous times with DD2 not moving thankfully all was ok.

How’s Baby been today ?

That’s a really informative leaflet too noon child . I have saved that myself thanks .

Sorry you were fobbed off. This link to a leaflet about movements and what is normal says that after 24 weeks you should contact your midwife who will arrange a special appointment to check you over. Once at 28 weeks you should contact someone immediately and they should see you ASAP. Hope it helps:
https://www.rcog.org.uk/globalasset...ancy/pi-your-babys-movements-in-pregnancy.pdf

To offer some reassurance I had reduced movements at 33 weeks. I was seen and monitored ASAP but luckily for me all was fine. We discussed my life and ended up realising I was really tired and stressed; this can make baby move less apparently. You should not ever be treated like you are wasting anyone's time or being a pain, you should be listened to.

Thanks for the link to that leaflet, very informative. That’s reassuring to know I have been a bit stressed lately, lack of movement isn’t helping. Im going to phone them again and hope they will see me. If not I will contact my midwife tomorrow and she will no doubt check baby over

How horrible of the midwife you spoke too!

I would say if it’s not normal for your baby then go get checked over no matter how many weeks you are. I don’t think they do the count the kicks anymore . It’s more of what’s normal for your baby.

I would phone back. If you get the same midwife don’t let her put you off. I went in numerous times with DD2 not moving thankfully all was ok.

How’s Baby been today ?

That’s a really informative leaflet too noon child . I have saved that myself thanks .

That’s what I thought. With my son I had an anterior placenta and I was in and out of triage with reduced movements and was never made to feel like I was being an inconvenience. With this baby my placenta is posterior so I have been feeling a lot more movement and it’s been a totally different pregnancy so the lack of movement has got me worried.
He’s been quiet today I had a few flutters earlier and a kick after tea but it’s not his usual pattern.
Thanks I’m going to call back and hope I don’t get her again, see what they say.

Hope everything is ok and you’ve managed to speak to a more reassuring midwife !

Im 24 wks + 1 and been feeling daily noticeable movements from around 17 wks started with the odd kick daily and has increased as the weeks have progressed. I have been noticing a pattern to baby’s movement over the last week where he usually kicks in the morning, mid afternoon and evenings when I’m seated relaxing and just before bed when I’m trying to fall asleep. On Friday baby had a quiet day and I only had a few kicks mid afternoon... worried I phoned my local hospital looking for advice after trying to get him moving. The lady was really quite blunt on the phone with me telling me I’m too early and at my stage in pregnancy you can go hours not feeling baby move because it’s still small. She didn’t give me a chance to explain I had been noticing a pattern. She told me to have a cold glass of water. I came off the phone and over the course of the next few hours after drinking water and sugary drinks I felt some more movement.
However today I woke up had breakfast baby still hadn’t moved so I had a sugary drink, still nothing at lunchtime... times I usually feel him moving. I was out with my mum shopping so we had some lunch felt a few flutters after eating ice cream but not strong kicks like I have been feeling. Then nothing all afternoon since then. Just about to have dinner so hoping he gives a few strong kicks after that... otherwise I will phone them back. Just a little put off phoning after the way she spoke to me on Friday as I was made to feel like an idiot. What would you do in this situation? Is it normal at 24 weeks to have stronger movements some days rather than others?

Hi just read your post
About movements.
Lie on your bed on your own and put the torch on your tummy leave it a few seconds do this all over below the belly button more near the hair line, and play a dance song and play it . I found this worked .

Hope everything is ok and you’ve managed to speak to a more reassuring midwife !

Thanks I got no answer at triage last night so I called my own midwife today, she wasn’t in by the midwife standing in said it seemed ok that the pattern had changed at this stage but that she was more than happy to see me and check baby over so I took her up on it and went in this afternoon. Typically as I was waiting to be seen I got a good few strong kicks She listened to his heartbeat for a good 5 mins and said it sounded perfect. She thinks he just moved positions. She measured me and I’m measuring 3 weeks ahead so she seemed happy with that too. He has been a lot more active but I’m glad I got him checked over for my own peace of mind

So happy to read your update ! Glad baby is moving and well ! Hope you feel reassured now .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->