Change of due date

Bindi002003

Reaction score
Hi ok so I am due to have my little girl on the 16th September off the first ultrasound. I just had my 20 week ultrasound and the lady told me that I am due on the 11th September now. Measuring off the baby both times so which due date do I go by?

From what I understand dating ultrasounds are most accurate before 10-12 weeks, and after that babies all grow at different rates. My LO measured ahead at his 20 week scan but my due date didn't change as they view the earlier scan as more accurate. But your doctor should be able to tell you for sure.

You go by your 12 week dating scan xx

Same as the other ladies have said, no one mentioned anything about my due date or how he was measuring at my 20 week scan

I had a dating scan at 9 weeks and after that it doesn’t change no matter what the baby measures.

Opposite to above - the date given at our 20 week scan is what we have to go off, so may vary by hospital.

In fact, with my first, my due date was still being changed at 34 weeks!

Your dr should have made a note of due date in your notes at your last appointment. If that’s been changed then you’ll see it there

Ok thanks in the with the results that the ultrasound lady gave me was the new due date I just haven't seen my doctor yet to see what he says about it.yet so thanks

Make sure you ask next time you see the dr just to get peace of mind. With my first my due date was changed 5 times, with my second it was changed twice! Luckily no3 is the same so far, but won’t be taking it as set until after 20 week scan.

I think it's rotten that they 'change' your due date after the 12 week scan. Babies grow at really different rates after that. It doesn't make sense that bigger babies are due earlier. To me it seems like an excuse for early intervention like induction when you are not even really due. But maybe I am just too suspicious :).

It didn’t bother me at all having it changed, as it brought it in to line with where it should have been (I OPKed so always knew within a day or two) and I always went two weeks over before induction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->